Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2019 sign-up thread

I got busy over the last few weeks and almost forgot to register. Payment sent. Size medium.

oh crap! Almost forgot, too! Payment sent, medium shirt, plzThx!

Registered!

I would like to offer a workshop on laser control with TouchDesigner, which I am also doing a week later in Montreal. I will skip over the intro to lasers stuff and replace it with intro to TouchDesigner. Of interest to anyone who wants to learn to create their own interactive laser systems using Ether Dream or Helios DACs. It would probably be an hour of lecture followed by 2-3 hours of hands on group projects for anyone who wants to build something.

TouchDesigner is great for rapid development and prototyping of interactive systems. Last time I attended SELEM our group made this original game from scratch during the meetup.

Lasers (and TouchDesigner)! More Pew Pew, Less Confusion

Controlling laser show projectors via the ILDA protocol is a challenging but rewarding approach. Tim Greiser, co-creator of Laser Juice, will break down what you need to know to get started using TouchDesigner with Ether Dream or Helios DACs in order to produce beams, abstracts, or interactive tools with laser light. Tim will provide theory, terminology, protocol and hardware details, and will provide example code for working with SOPs, CHOPs, or TOPs. The pros and cons of each domain will be discussed. Participants will learn about topics like scan rate, blanking, color signal techniques, and vector scanning.

This will be a hands-on session where small groups will form to build projects on virtual scopes that will eventually be displayed with lasers. At the end of the workshop the group will engage in a discussion about the results and challenges of their experimentation.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

no booth babes!)
    Some "rules" require re-visitation. I think I would be conflicted to have to turn away a booth babe. Maybe they could be given a slot. Say... 4-6pm on Friday, booth babes could be allowed.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    My father passed yesterday. Sad you bet. This however means I will be at selem this year for sure. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

i will be bringing a new dual single mode projector David kumpula built me with 6215 scanners, an iris color board, and uv capability. You need to see the color on this thing. The project rivals gas. Plug for David. You want a custom build. He’s your guy.
    Sorry about your dad,

David has a waiting list now and AFAIK, I'm next on it, can't wait to see mine.

Wait you will not be sorry. I expect when people see the dual single modes with iris system that the iris will fly off the shelf. Nothings short or spectacular. David’s builds are a wonder in quality, cost, and performance.

ok noted cancel the models walking around with cocktails

Quote Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
    David has a waiting list now and AFAIK, I'm next on it, can't wait to see mine.
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words on the single-mode builds. I'm just a monkey assembling parts, though. The makers of the high quality parts I use (Pangolin, BBE, Lasershowparts, Opt Laser, Ed Keefe, Stanwax, Edmond Optics, Kvant, Eyemagic, Cambridge Technology, etc.) are the ones that deserve the credit.

Neil: Yes, you are definitely next on the list. In fact, some of the work has already been completed. I'm just wrapping up a build for a VERY patient friend. It's an exciting build that I will have significant trouble letting go of. I hope to preview it here on PL shortly and perhaps it will make an appearance at SELEM if the owner brings it there.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Weird that when I use the hotel link provided, the suite rate is $125, but when I go to Holiday Inn site directly, its $105.06?
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Default SELEM

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    Weird that when I use the hotel link provided, the suite rate is $125, but when I go to Holiday Inn site directly, its $105.06?
    MYB they did not know you were SELEM.

In the past it has always been around $100--and they have portable beds BUT reserve them ASAP- My suites have always been full(at 5 Bodies) up so we pay around $25 per night each. I bring an airbed or two.

Those who get the mag ''The Laserist'' already know of the out-standing job Brad did on his article about SELEM,
    I hope it gets copypasta here and at LPF.
    For sure it will get a few more to come..

You,TOO will be saying it was beyond great!
    and will not miss another.
    Buffo wrote the manual on the Art Of Hosting LEM.. Your own LEM may be small BUT they grow every time,,,his advice is awesome!!

IMHO getting the right venue is key.
    Especially if you want to do another.
    If you get the place--they will come!!

Two members and one Projector is a bona fide LEM..

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-