Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2019 sign-up thread

I won't be getting in until Thursday.

Wow, I am excited to see the number of folks already signed up for this! I am trying like hell to make this happen but significant changes at work have made things quite a bit challenging which has led to depressive funk that I need to shake.

I'd like to throw out some plans/ideas while I have a few minutes. I was hoping to setup in the same nook area as last year if possible. For presentation planning I'd like to offer the typical Z-5 demo as well as an Audiolaze demo. I'm also planning to setup an optical bench with a couple HeNe's to recreate an odd optical phenomenon I ran into several months ago, not sure that this needs to be a formal demonstration but I'd sure like to hear an explanation from mixedgas as to what the hell is going on!

Lastly, the auditorium, the live laser shows continues to be the highlight of the event for me and I was hoping it could be jazzed up a bit. Of course Pink Floyd is a priority but if we can put together some additional time I'd like to expand into some other music; zztop, ccr, led zeppelin, ac/dc, etc.

I think that's it for now, really hoping to be able to get away for a week and hang with most awesome folks on the planet.

Amen brother. New music. I was planning on animals but something modern and fresh would be really nice. The idea is you don’t know the music so you have to,produce the vib on the fly. Fruit, house, or other your choice

DESTRUCTION UNIT

FUTURE ISLANDS

ARCTIC MONKEYS

JAPANDROIDS

CHASTITY BELT

CHROMATICS

DEERHUNTER

etc/

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    I will bring synths, lasers, and light DJ gear.
    I'm not bringing any DJ gear this year. I traded my Xone mixer for a Moogfest Engineer Pass (Spectravox) because I've been focusing on original music and live performance over DJing.

What kind of synths are you bringing, or anyone else for that matter? My plan is 13Ux104HP of Eurorack, a couple tabletops with MIDI and CV, and an Ableton Live setup. I wasn't planning to bring my Moog keyboards, but I could possibly be convinced depending on what other synth heads are up for. Have CV, will patch.

I can't wait to try the new Radiator laser console with Ableton Live, Max for Live, and my Eurorack MIDI sequencers!

Animals is a definite! I'm not familiar with anything you have listed below so that would be a challenge, but I'm game to try. I'd still like to do some other classic rock type stuff as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Amen brother. New music. I was planning on animals but something modern and fresh would be really nice. The idea is you don’t know the music so you have to,produce the vib on the fly. Fruit, house, or other your choice

DESTRUCTION UNIT

FUTURE ISLANDS

ARCTIC MONKEYS

JAPANDROIDS

CHASTITY BELT

CHROMATICS

DEERHUNTER

etc/

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Really excited to hear the enthusiasm from everyone about my suggestion regarding "Animals'. :-) Looking forward to this!
    PM Sent...

Default 1000 synths

https://youtu.be/0XrPLBSlopQ

did someone say synths......

Default Synths...

Afturmath, I will be bringing my entire Eurorack system this year. Its more than 15U/110HP... I have two cases that size, one will definitely be full and not sure about the other yet since I haven't racked modules yet in the new cases. I have some modules to build too, but doubt I will get to that before SELEM. Maybe we can have a solder party I can also bring an MPC 1000.

I will be bringing a cheap Traktor (s2 mk3) controller for DJing. Anyone is welcome to use it. I have a bunch of music and am happy to do a lot of DJing I can also make some playlists. I can bring a small Mackie mixer to mix sources from synths and whatever else. If people want to spin vinyl, I would consider bringing my technics, but I wasn't planning on it since the only vinyl I own is Happy Hardcore and Gabber (I know how everyone loves those genres).

Personally, I would love to see a sub in the club, but alas I don't have one to truck across the continent with me. If the cops don't come its not a party right? j/k...

As for live shows, I would love to see some contemporary psych rock-ish stuff. I can take a stab at a playlsit. Also, old school trance (not necessarily psy-trance) makes for awesome shows.

REQUEST: If anyone has hardware for mounting AOMs, cylendrical HeNes, ALC 60xs to breadboards would you consider bringing them? I have a some L brackets, a breadboard, AOMs, ALC60x and a couple HeNes that I would love to setup an air cooled gas system to play with/ hook up to a Z-5. What's old is new again?

-Sal

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post

Personally, I would love to see a sub in the club, but alas I don't have one to truck across the continent with me. If the cops don't come its not a party right? j/k...

-Sal
    There WILL be a sub in the club. It's the auditorium that I may not have a sub for.
    PM Sent...

Wonder if the city would want one permanently installed in auditorium. What would it cost?
    not saying we do it this year but we might be able for next year if we banded together. 25.00 from 50 people should do it. Maybe take up collection there?