Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Logo designs for SELEM 2019

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I like that one! And it's something that will work with the embroidery too.

Adam
    Glad we could work together to come up with a logo for this years SELEM. One of these years I need to attend. Here's the larger version of the logo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selem logo 9 6 2 1.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	55580

Are we doing white shirts this year?
    Or are you going to have the logo b/w inverted somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Are we doing white shirts this year?
    Or are you going to have the logo b/w inverted somehow?

That's a good question. I can provide multiple color palettes if needed with no problem at all. That is if this ends up being the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That's a good question. I can provide multiple color palettes if needed with no problem at all. That is if this ends up being the logo.
    Awesome. Looks like you're the only developed logo so far, and Buffo likes it, so the odds look pretty good to me.

I'd leave the Newton NC off the logo. Logos should be simple. Plus text is a point killer when digitizing.

If Buffo says so then it goes. I'll make any adjustments he asks for. Least I can do

I agree with mike

I think we have a winner! I'll be ordering an extra shirt for Shadow and for Chexmex, since the final design is a hybrid of their two ideas.

I do have some final tweaks I'd like to make, but this is the design (below) I'd like to go with.

Shadow, would you mind making one last version?

First, can you move the origin of the beams a bit further south in the state? (Newton is located roughly 1/3 the distance from south to north on the state boarder.)

Second, please make the beams ~ 3 times thicker. (For comparison, in the version above this one that was labeled 9 6 2, those could still be ~ 1.5 times thicker.) If they are just a bit smaller than the width of the state boarder, that should be perfect.

Third, please make the letters match the color beams that hit them, and for the "13" in the middle please outline those two characters in white.

Fourth, please change the Newton, NC text to a solid font (not an outline font) with no serifs (they won't embroider well) and make the letters medium gray.

And finally, I'd like the state outline to be a medium gray. (It will be embroidered on a black shirt, so the "background" color will be black already.) Also, please remove the coastline details on the right side of the state outline, as I believe that will also be too intricate for the embroidery. Just the outline of the far outside line is perfect.

And thanks a *bunch* for all your work on this! You've submitted more revisions on this year's logo than anyone else has in previous years.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Glad we could work together to come up with a logo for this years SELEM. One of these years I need to attend. Here's the larger version of the logo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	selem logo 9 6 2 1.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	55580

Awesome logo! Shadow would you mind sharing the file (SVG would be great) with me once the final design is done. I will throw it up on the online schedule.... AAAAND make a laser frame with it. Before you say "it won't scan", I urge you to wait and see

-Sal

I'll work on it right away! Thank you so much for the free T-Shirt too!