Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY Laser Projector

Default DIY Laser Projector

Attachment 55402Attachment 55403
    Attachment 55406I been working on this project as and when I have any free time over the weekends so its been a bit slow getting even this far. it is very much a working prototype. once I have everything working as it should I will put it in a box. I'm using a Hitach Oclaro 638nm 700mw and a NDG7475 520nm 1watt plus a NUBM44 450nm 6watt, I'm going to add one more Oclaro 700mw using a pbs cube just to give me more power in the red channel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beams_05.jpg  

Diodes.jpg  

Beams_01.jpg  

Beams_02.jpg  

Beams_04.jpg  

Beams_03.jpg  

Last edited by Dmax; 05-01-2019 at 13:06.

WOW! Nice.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    WOW! Nice.

James.
    Thanks James must say Im happy with the way its heading so far

Do you mind if I ask how you are controlling it?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Looks good, I have been building something similar since 2016, but had couple years off and now back on it:

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/25110-6W-RGB-Laser-Build-UK

I am using:

HL63193MG 638nm Red * 2 with PBS

NDG 7475 520nm Green * 1
    NDB 7875 445nm Blue * 1
    NDB 7675 462nmBlue * 1

I have pretty much all the optic path now in progress, just waiting the Blue/Blue dichroic, just about to order scanners and think I will need a telescope to clean things up. I have also re-laid out my optical table so I can get to all the adjustment screws without having to move things as it was driving me mad!

Will follow this thread to see how you get on.

Dupe…

What is the advantage of using two different wavelengths for blue?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Do you mind if I ask how you are controlling it?
    Im using a Helios Dac and the laser show program, the program is ok but I wish I could afford something better and I have no idea if the guy is going to update it anymore

If you are really into the whole DIY thing, you can build your own DAC. You can use an 8 channel sound card with some outboard electronics to correct the signals for laser projection. There are a fair number of apps that support this kind of thing.

It's always fun to have options!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

If you are really into the whole DIY thing, you can build your own DAC. You can use an 8 channel sound card with some outboard electronics to correct the signals for laser projection. There are a fair number of apps that support this kind of thing.

It's always fun to have options!

Yeah I know about using a sound card but I dont really need to now I have a Dac, Im going have an option to also run the thing off a picmicro so I dont need a computer at all but thats for a later date if I get round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by djdulux View Post
    Looks good, I have been building something similar since 2016, but had couple years off and now back on it:

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/25110-6W-RGB-Laser-Build-UK

I am using:

HL63193MG 638nm Red * 2 with PBS

NDG 7475 520nm Green * 1
    NDB 7875 445nm Blue * 1
    NDB 7675 462nmBlue * 1

I have pretty much all the optic path now in progress, just waiting the Blue/Blue dichroic, just about to order scanners and think I will need a telescope to clean things up. I have also re-laid out my optical table so I can get to all the adjustment screws without having to move things as it was driving me mad!

Will follow this thread to see how you get on.

Dupe…
    How far have you got with your projector ?
    I will post up here as I go along