Thread: SELEM 2019 first time attendee - looking for tips/suggestions

Default SELEM 2019 first time attendee - looking for tips/suggestions

Hi y'all.

I hope to attend SELEM this year and as a 1st timer I'd appreciate any travel tips for best air-fair pricing, airport to fly into to gain best air-fair, etc., sharing rides to/from Holiday Inn to event auditorium and anything else you can think of as I'm coming in from Colorado, leaving out of Denver International. I'm already booked into the Holiday Inn, next need to get my air travel reservations.

Thanks

Charlotte Intl airport

and I may be able to get you from Charlotte to the site depending on the day, Alden.

Getting from the HI to the venue is easy. Almost everyone stays there. We usually meet up at breakfast a just ride with someone. I have never had a problem with that.

Getting to Newton....I either drive or fly my Cessna. Can't help with that sorry.

This is a life changing event that you will come back to every year. SELEM can't be explained it must be experienced.

FYI I make and give out the name tags & shirts as well as get you to sign the release form. See you there.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    FYI I make and give out the name tags & shirts as well as get you to sign the release form.
    This process has gone smoothly since I started attending ~7 years ago. We really appreciate it, Chris!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Getting from the HI to the venue is easy. Almost everyone stays there. We usually meet up at breakfast a just ride with someone. I have never had a problem with that.

Getting to Newton....I either drive or fly my Cessna. Can't help with that sorry.

This is a life changing event that you will come back to every year. SELEM can't be explained it must be experienced.

FYI I make and give out the name tags & shirts as well as get you to sign the release form. See you there.

Chris
    Thanks Chris, I appreciate your "giving" nature.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

One thing to think about that I pointed out to a newbie yesterday is that Newton, NC in August is hot and humid. And as such, everyone runs their air conditioning on max. Therefore it is an exercise in changing cloths. You'll sweat through a couple shirts and then freeze your ass off in the auditorium and restaurants so you kind of need to be prepared with shorts and hoodies. It can be overcast and rainy and bright and sunny in a 15 minute period so pack accordingly.
    PM Sent...

You will never regret coming. Itís amazing on soooo many levels. Life changing for sure. Soul stirring.