Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISO broken laptop batteries

Default ISO broken laptop batteries

Hey fellas, I bought a motor for my bike that I'm converting to an ebike and I need to make a battery pack for it. So to keep things from getting too expensive I want to use batteries that I can harvest from bad/unwanted laptop batteries.

If anyone has a source for these or have some they don't want let me know. I made a craigslist post for it too. My build needs 296 batteries so I gotta do a lot of searching.

My craigslist post can be seen here https://albany.craigslist.org/wan/d/...419443378.html

Thanks guys.

See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Of course I looked at ebay. I need to do this as cheap as possible which is why I need a good source for bad laptop batteries. I'd rather harvest my own but if I can't find a good source I'll have to go with ebay which is what I'm trying to avoid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144-18650-S...QAAOSwdG9aLpKv
    Last edited by Shadow; 12-11-2017 at 13:00.

Try your local electronics stores. They usually have containers full of e-waste, probably with some laptop batteries too. If you ask nicely they might let you search through it and take what you want. Or your local recycling center may have some.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Try your local electronics stores. They usually have containers full of e-waste, probably with some laptop batteries too. If you ask nicely they might let you search through it and take what you want. Or your local recycling center may have some.
    That's a really good idea. I'll look around for some electronic repair shops and see what they have. Thanks man.

You might also want to look for Li-ion tool batteries too. Most of the time, cordless tool battery packs use the same cells that you'll find in laptop battery packs. Most of these battery packs have a charging circuit in the pack that can go bad, rendering the battery pack useless but the battery cells are still okay.

e.g.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P103_left.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	443.4 KB 
ID:	53317

CONTACT (many) PC repair shops & ask them to save some----take care w/harvesting--easy to short. and not all will be worth using..
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-