Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM - 27 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK

Cool

Woohoo - its been a while! count me in

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    You know, we never tried any dirty tricks like that with Daniel when we wanted him to come to Utila...

I *do* want to come guys. And finances aren't the issue. Time off work, and dealing with my Mom (who has alzheimer's, remember) are the two sticking points.

But I will admit that there's a better than even chance I could make this work. It's just too soon right now to say for certain.

Adam
    The only reason you are getting the hard sell is cos your wanted.

Hope your mum is ok
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks Andy!

Adam

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

I might come along for an hour on Sunday evening
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    I might come along for an hour on Sunday evening
    unlucky for us .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I came to this once before and would love to do it again, bringing some kit this time.

The kit I have in mind produces a lot of data in OSC format (though it could be converted to MIDI if necessary). I'd like to work with someone to use that data to generate laser visualisations in real time. Could be specific (like projection mapping), abstract (like generative art) or parameter-driven graphics according to interest and taste.

Is this something that's possible ? Would there be one or more people attending willing to do some coding and development ? I can code my part but have no experience of laser controllers and how they handle live data.

Hobbybob and me will be there again,
    i hope to visit https://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk...ham-gaussfest/ also

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by artag View Post
    I came to this once before and would love to do it again, bringing some kit this time.

The kit I have in mind produces a lot of data in OSC format (though it could be converted to MIDI if necessary). I'd like to work with someone to use that data to generate laser visualisations in real time. Could be specific (like projection mapping), abstract (like generative art) or parameter-driven graphics according to interest and taste.

Is this something that's possible ? Would there be one or more people attending willing to do some coding and development ? I can code my part but have no experience of laser controllers and how they handle live data.
    I've used LSX for real time abstract generation with OSC data. Unfortunately, I can't make it to the lem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wOtwFixQSk
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default What Happens at UKLEM?

I'm a newbie here on the forum, though not completely green about lasers (see what I did there )
    So, having discovered this thread and the UKLEM, what exactly happens at these Lincolnshire meetups? I quite like the idea of coming along, but could do with a bit more info.
    I can PM if preferred, but thought an open question might be better to start with.

Cheers
    MikeN

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    I'm a newbie here on the forum, though not completely green about lasers (see what I did there )
    So, having discovered this thread and the UKLEM, what exactly happens at these Lincolnshire meetups? I quite like the idea of coming along, but could do with a bit more info.
    I can PM if preferred, but thought an open question might be better to start with.

Cheers
    MikeN
    We have a decent size hall where lots of lasery stuff happens, frequently with enough fog to reduce visibilty to zero! Lots of music, some of it is even listenable. We have kitchen that is used for building and fixing stuff and is where our friend Dimmers frequently burns holes in things (when he's not exploding battery packs). Lots of fun, lots of humour, tons of geekiness. Most of us stay in the hall overnight, but if you're not into listening to people snoring /passing wind all night, you might be better staying in a hotel! As Jim (Smog the Mog) says, bring drones, jet engines, lasers, high voltage stuff, whatever takes your fancy. About the only rules are be nice, clear up after yourself and NO CHINESE LANTERNS!. We have a NOTAM in place so can fire lasers into the sky which always attracts a few people.