Thread: Problem kvant maxim 8watt green

Default Problem kvant maxim 8watt green

I have a problem with a laser maxim 8watt, the laser was working normally ...i turned him off and after 5 minutes I turned it on and did not shine laser module, everything works - scanner, shutter etc ... at least I think, some help? advice? i am sending video...although I know the video is hard to find out where is the problem

No laser output at all? Strange, may be a problem on a laser driver.

How old is the module? Is there any indication on the laser driver, like some red LED or so?

Quote Originally Posted by pafendorf View Post
    I have a problem with a laser maxim 8watt, the laser was working normally ...i turned him off and after 5 minutes I turned it on and did not shine laser module, everything works - scanner, shutter etc ... at least I think, some help? advice? i am sending video...although I know the video is hard to find out where is the problem

It could be a wiring problem as well. If the laser driver is powered on, try giving it a modulation signal... Not sure if that projector kills modulation to the laser as well as a shutter for safety but if there is something faulty there, feeding the laser driver a modulation signal directly will bypass everything. 2 or 3 vdc should be enough to see if the laser and driver are still operating. Start simple and work your way out.

Thank you absolom & sbk for yours help, just a pity that I am a common user of lasers, sbk ...no output ...laser produced 2007... and here is the second video: blinks red and green...and when I turn off, only red shines

What you see here is the state of the 2 temperature drivers : they are both bi-directionnal, red led ON = heating ---- green led ON = cooling.

When red and green alternate, temperature is OK. If the laser head is in use, lets say at full power, the green led will shine more often as heat is generated from it and has to be cooled down.

As Absolom advice, the easiest way is to find the modulation input and apply 1,5... 2 Volts directly to the driver.

--- www.neodym.be ---