Thread: FB3

Default FB3

Hi guys,

Anybody a guru on using the FB3 software?
    Need to know how to make the unit play all the frames I have created when standing alone?

some other Q, come to mind but will post if the guru is in the house?

Werner

I just recently acquired my FB3, and can't claim to be a "guru" - not yet, at least!

However, from reading up on everything, it looks like you'll need some sort of external player / controller to access the frames. The easiest and least expensive option appears to be using some sort of DMX controller to control frame playback. From reading the documentation that came with the FB3, it appears that DMX control is actually fairly versatile, limited only by the capabilities of your controller.

I've been looking at several different DMX controllers made by Elation (and others) specifically with that in mind. US prices are anywhere from less than $100 USD, up to $1K or more for the ultra high-end, professional production models. One that does everything I need - including MIDI sync for more elaborate laser / light shows down the road - costs only around $200 USD.

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by werner1619 View Post
    Hi guys,

Anybody a guru on using the FB3 software?
    Need to know how to make the unit play all the frames I have created when standing alone?

some other Q, come to mind but will post if the guru is in the house?

Werner
    I'm not quite sure what you mean Werner,

If you want an animation to play from the smart media card, without a computer attached, you can select this via the cue properties in LiveQUICK.

That, or via a dmx controller,

Hope this helps
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Ok, when I power up the FB3 in standalone, only one or two frames play, the rest do not, so the Q is why? and how do I make all of them play?

The dmx function will also be comming for me in the future...

thanks for the help

Hi Werner,

Kinda-sorta the problem with creating a product that does so many things is that there are many ways to do a lot of different things that you want to do. Then the problem is figuring out which way to do it...

The Flashback can be controlled by:
    1. Just apply power and it starts playing
    2. DMX-512
    3. RS-232 serial (nominally at 115200 baud)
    4. TTL trigger
    5. (in some cases) a "beat" input.

If you want the Flashback 3 to just start playing automatically when you apply power, then you only need to designate which cue will automatically start playing. See the screen shot that is below. The "cue properties" can be found by right-clicking on a cue, or by pressing the "cue properties" button in the toolbar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiveQ_AutoStart.gif 
Views:	6 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	467

Dave alluded to this in his response, but I just wanted to upload this screen shot to make it more clear.

Best regards,

William Benner

Thumbs up

Talk about technical support...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi William,

thank you for the great response, screen capture and all!
    Now, you have explained that you change the que propperties as shown above, do I have to change the settings for each frame as stated above for all of them to play in stand alone mode?

I have changed the properties as described above for a frame and it seems to play, but not all of them.

Thanks for the reply

Werner

You can only play "one" cue when it starts. If you want more cues to play, that's what the "linking" feature is for. It looks like a chain on the toolbar...

Best regards,

William Benner

Default Jumper?

Wasn't there a jumper involved? I specifically remember you had to set/insert a jumper somewhere.

I have 3 units, one plays as you power up and loops, another is DMX controlled (haven't played around with this yet), and another has a play pause and stop button. (Thanks to Bill and Ante from pangolin for this one)

Hi A.R.

The FB3 has actually been in circulation for a number of years now. Kinda hard to believe...

Over that period of time, it has gone through some evolution, and many builds of the firmware -- probably over 700 builds!! Some of these past builds required a jumper, and some builds just automatically played on power up. But the most common build now will allow you to select this through the LiveQUICK software, as shown above.

Best regards,

William Benner