Thread: Does anybody have a Formlabs Form 3 printer?

Default Does anybody have a Formlabs Form 3 printer?

Hi everyone,

I don't follow 3D printers very closely, but I just learned that Formlabs has a new printer called the Form 3. I'm wondering if anyone has one?

We've got a Form 2 as well as a Raise 3D FDM machine, but the Form 3 looks very interesting.

Let me know if you've got one and how you like it!

Best regards,

William Benner

I have a form 1 and it sucks. Hope they have gotten better.

They're up to the Form 3 now, and it looks pretty good. In fact, Ante in our Slovenia office has one on order. I'm just wanting to see if anyone has a Form 2, which was also pretty good from what I hear. With Form 3 just having been released, the Form 2s are going for a lower price on ebay...

I shall look! I loved the concept. I’m glad they made good business changes like adding to your galvos and abandoning their first design that caused me so many issues. Smart companies know when to move on and start over. I know you would not have partnered with a dud of a company.

The bigger build platform, washer, and cure are steps in the right direction. A good part of my issues were the mess from the resin and post handling. With these changes you don’t have to directly handle the resin. That alone is worth changing printers. My biggest mistake was over filling the tray and having to tear the unit apart to clean it out change mirrors, and stepper motors. Was never the same after that. The new unit is all sealed and self levels the resin so even for large prints you don’t run out of resin.

i just wanted to set the record straight rather that leaving such a negative post. There is a responsibility when you post publicly to tell the whole story. I ruin the unit.