Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Lumia Test

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    473

    Default Lumia Test

    Audio ritmic lumia

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Authentic Asian food area of SoCal
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    That is pretty awesome. It reminds me of the old school color organs from way back in the day! What are you using to cycle trough the colors? Is it based on music frequency?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    473

    Default

    You got it
    Is a old color organ connected to the drivers with a photo resistive cell and a 5 Volts power supply.
    And the motor for the lumia is actuated by the music (is from a dancing mirror)
    Sorry about my English

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Authentic Asian food area of SoCal
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    You got it
    Is a old color organ connected to the drivers with a photo resistive cell and a 5 Volts power supply.
    And the motor for the lumia is actuated by the music (is from a dancing mirror)
    Sorry about my English

    That is awesome. Well done! I am actually building a very sloppy (good in this case) squiggle generator for someone. It uses the audio to, not only drive the "squiggle" mirror, but also drives the modulation on the laser drivers. It's also running a music triggered decade counter the cycles through the different colors.

    Don't worry about your English, it is just fine!
    Last edited by absolom7691; 06-17-2019 at 21:06.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    That is very cool. I did something like it but used a filter bank to break up the sound into frequency bands. That was then feed to an envelop detector to pull off the envelop of the frequency section. The resulting signal then feed the diodes running into lumia. essential old school analog color organ.


    Eso es genial. Hice algo parecido, pero usé un banco de filtros para dividir el sonido en bandas de frecuencia. Luego se alimentó a un detector de envoltura para extraer la envoltura de la sección de frecuencia. La señal resultante luego alimenta los diodos que se ejecutan en lumia. Esencial órgano analógico de la vieja escuela de color. Espero que mi español esté bien. Que ha sido un tiempo. HiHi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    That is awesome. Well done! I am actually building a very sloppy (good in this case) squiggle generator for someone. It uses the audio to, not only drive the "squiggle" mirror, but also drives the modulation on the laser drivers. It's also running a music triggered decade counter the cycles through the different colors.

    Don't worry about your English, it is just fine!
    Nice, I have to see that
    And thanks.
    Cheers
    Last edited by megaton; 06-18-2019 at 12:11.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    That is very cool. I did something like it but used a filter bank to break up the sound into frequency bands. That was then feed to an envelop detector to pull off the envelop of the frequency section. The resulting signal then feed the diodes running into lumia. essential old school analog color organ.
    Thanks, This color organ has 3 nice Band pass filters with good respond to High med an low frequencies very old school.
    And your Spanish is perfect.
    Cheers

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    473

    Default

    This was with the dancing mirror motor and a linear grating,
    Same color organ.
    3 years ago.
    My camera isn't good, don't capture the colors nice

    Last edited by megaton; 06-18-2019 at 12:35.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    Thanks, This color organ has 3 nice Band pass filters with good respond to High med an low frequencies very old school.
    And your Spanish is perfect.
    Cheers

    A continuación, cambie los filtros fijos para los filtros de paso de banda. ahora puede escuchar la música y concentrarse en un instrumento o tambor en particular y hacer que el diodo responda a eso. Tomé un antiguo banco de filtros paramétricos y lo hice con 5 filtros. Puede escuchar su salida para afinar el instrumento que desea seleccionar. Al final solo era un órgano de color, así que seguí adelante.

    for those playing along

    I got rid of the fixed filters and used instead bandpass filters. This lets you focus on a particular instrument or drum and have the diode respond to that. I used an old rane parametric filter bank and tapped it before the summing stage. You could listen to their output to fine tune the instrument you want to select. I got bored with it and moved on. DZ was doing something similar last year at selem.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    A continuación, cambie los filtros fijos para los filtros de paso de banda. ahora puede escuchar la música y concentrarse en un instrumento o tambor en particular y hacer que el diodo responda a eso. Tomé un antiguo banco de filtros paramétricos y lo hice con 5 filtros. Puede escuchar su salida para afinar el instrumento que desea seleccionar. Al final solo era un órgano de color, así que seguí adelante.

    for those playing along

    I got rid of the fixed filters and used instead bandpass filters. This lets you focus on a particular instrument or drum and have the diode respond to that. I used an old rane parametric filter bank and tapped it before the summing stage. You could listen to their output to fine tune the instrument you want to select. I got bored with it and moved on. DZ was doing something similar last year at selem.
    WOW! 5 filters, for me is not boring, I still enjoys my 3 color organs that I hook to everything, ( strobes, VU columns, leds with dome lences, Spots etc..) I have plenty of this color organs from when I was in High School and made lots of printed circuit boards with 9 transistors and several capacitors around the 70´s.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •