Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lumia Test

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    WOW! 5 filters, for me is not boring, I still enjoys my 3 color organs that I hook to everything, ( strobes, VU columns, leds with dome lences, Spots etc..) I have plenty of this color organs from when I was in High School and made lots of printed circuit boards with 9 transistors and several capacitors around the 70´s.
    i started with white light bulbs that I added gel sample packs. I made little spot lights. I then make 3d cut outs of different geometric designs and let the light pour out from slits behind it to color the surface. That was all run off a regular 120v color organ kit from radio shack four bands.

my latest run at this again was with rgb leds so I could adjust the color of each light with rgb sliders. I found a conversion from gels to rgb values. The idea was to set the color and then feed a little microprocessor the envelop. Micro made PWM to drive the leds so that the color remained the same but it dimmed or increased the brightness evenly. I never finished it. Build the rgb boards and led drivers. Here it sits. Some day I’ll get back to it.

i also tried scanning my laser over the 3d shape. That was something of success. Experiment there is much possible. My idea was to build s complete stage setup I could control in miniature.

Ok, this my Disco wannabe
    Obviously plus some lasers strobes and mirror balls and other things.
    (En mi casa tu casa)

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    Ok, this my Disco wannabe
    Obviously plus some lasers strobes and mirror balls and other things.
    (En mi casa tu casa)

nice job. My wife would ¡Corta mis partes privadas y dale de comer al perro!

That is so cool!!! Some of those LED organs remind me of the Krell laboratory from Forbidden Planet. Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    nice job. My wife would ¡Corta mis partes privadas y dale de comer al perro!
    ... don't have a dog ... but my wife would find a way too

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

OUCH!
    Sadly don't have a wife any more, but for sure she do the same and find a stray dog.
    Thanks all for your comments.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I then make 3d cut outs of different geometric designs and let the light pour out from slits behind it to color the surface. That was all run off a regular 120v color organ kit from radio shack four bands.

i also tried scanning my laser over the 3d shape. That was something of success. Experiment there is much possible. My idea was to build s complete stage setup I could control in miniature.
    I wonder how nice this look, any photos or drawing?

Nice work, Megaton! Although I'm going to dock you 5 points for cutting off the youtube video right before the sax solo in "SuperFreak". (Was just about ready to shout "Blow, Danny!" when it ended.)

You mentioned earlier that you're using a color organ with a photoresisor connected to the modulation input on the laser driver. Just wondering why you went the optical route rather than just picking off the modulation signal from inside the color organ?

I agree with others in that the home disco looks pretty damned cool! I love all the color.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Nice work, Megaton! Although I'm going to dock you 5 points for cutting off the youtube video right before the sax solo in "SuperFreak". (Was just about ready to shout "Blow, Danny!" when it ended.)

You mentioned earlier that you're using a color organ with a photoresisor connected to the modulation input on the laser driver. Just wondering why you went the optical route rather than just picking off the modulation signal from inside the color organ?

I agree with others in that the home disco looks pretty damned cool! I love all the color.

Adam
    Hi Adam
    I choose optical because is more smooth, with the inertia of the bulb filaments the leds respond more slow if not the strobe effect I don't tolerate more than few minutes. But like this I can let them for hours.(but I have to change bulbs when they burn out)
    In the column I manage to connect it direct with a transistor and a capacitor to slow them a little.
    Sorry about SuperFreak.
    And thanks for your comments
    Last edited by megaton; 06-24-2019 at 13:01.

Consider using slew or sample hold http://www.oakleysound.com/sample.htm
    consider an actual attack release circuit to modify the control signal
    consider this http://www.oakleysound.com/comp.htm
    consider this http://www.oakleysound.com/follower.htm
    consider this http://www.oakleysound.com/adsr.htm

buy one of the modules to get schematics. You can pull sections out so you do t need to build the whole module.

for example I used envelop follower with a filter bank. Audio input feeding filters feeding envelop feeding laser drivers. Can shape follower output with adsr. Nice thing is when you get bored you can buy a few oscillators and make modular synth.