Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 3D Printers - Who has them?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, but it's an interesting idea! Need to use a clear material though, which I think will rule out any of the FDM units.
    Check out Taulman T-glass. I have been considering using this. https://www.matterhackers.com/store/...gaAjQHEALw_wcB
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I used that in a prusa. Comes out milky. Could not clear it. The only printer I could clear was formlabs liquid printer. THAT is sticky mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I have 2 printers.

The big printer is a See Me CNC kit called Rostock Max. I've had it for over 10 years. It has many hours on it. My wife says it was one of the best purchases I ever make. I use it for large prints.

The smaller unit is the Any Cubic Photon. It is an SLA printer. The resolution is incredible. I have only had this one a few months.

Ryan asked about things we printed that are laser related.
    I printed a mechanical laser projector. It uses a hand crank geared to 2 cams that moves a laser pointer to create the images. It works OK, but the interesting part is the mechanical creation of the images. I had it at SELEM 2 years ago.

ChrisAttachment 55619
    i remember it. Saw it while eating liquid nitrogen icecream.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I used that in a prusa. Comes out milky. Could not clear it. The only printer I could clear was formlabs liquid printer. THAT is sticky mess.
    Interesting. When I printed in vase mode, it was clear. In fact, I have made fiber optic with it (lossy but still carried light).
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Default Happy Up-coming Birthday To Meeee!

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I got my printer mid-January 2020... https://www.anycubic.com/collections...ubic-i3-mega-s
    Been printing steadily ever since! Couple filament tube blockages...few nozzle replacements (both cheap and easy fixes).

My wonderful spouse asked me (again) what I wanted for my Birthday! She asked: What would give me Joy!
    She has now authorized me to order my 2nd Anycubic Mega S on sale for $229.00 Free Shipping from www.Anycubic.com

Now...I have to do some rearranging to make room!