Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you have infinity more patience than i do
    Well, it seems I may not have been all that patient after all. Woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to hook up the Radiator for a simple "test run" before work started. An hour later I realized that it was time to shut it off and I was like, "But, but, I'm just getting started!"

Such a sweet little machine. I previewed all 220 presets, but I didn't really get too far beyond that. The weekend is coming up though!

Thanks so much for making the Radiator possible, Chris!

Adam

PS: Obligatory first light photo taken at ~ 5 AM this morning with my phone (which admittedly does not do well in low-light) with a Pluto II aimed at the sloped ceiling in my living room. This is the pattern that was loaded when I first powered up the unit:

I'll try to get some better pics over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Yeah, that was my reaction as well.

I should be able to provide some soon. After a 12-hr day at the plant (yeah, I actually went in to work today, which felt strange since I've been working from home these past 6 months), I got home to see that I had a package delivered today:

OK, this image is kinda small, but you should be able to tell that the clear pouch with the green FedEx writing on it is used to hold CUSTOMS PAPERWORK. Hmmm, now what might be arriving at my door that would have CUSTOMS PAPERWORK with it? Could it perhaps be something from Canada?

Oh HELL YES, it's here! And 2 days early to boot!

Wow - that looks sexy, and it's just the cover sheet!

This is the one everyone wants to see. It took every ounce of self control I had not to immediately rip it open and hook it up. But it's getting late and my back is killing me. (Like I said, 12 hrs at the plant...)

I've decided to wait until tomorrow to play with my new toy. But I'm very happy that it's here.

For the rest of you who are still waiting, I don't think you'll have to wait too long. They are supposed to be filling the orders in the order that people signed up for them on Kickstarter, and I know that I was not one of the early adopters. I think I signed up about 2 weeks before the deadline or thereabouts...

Adam
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

now that's more like it!!

i figured the radiation symbol (preset 21) was the perfect initial pattern.

i hope you, and everyone, loves their radiator. it's been a labor of love and we're really proud of this thing we made.

Well, it seems I may not have been all that patient after all. Woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to hook up the Radiator for a simple "test run" before work started. An hour later I realized that it was time to shut it off and I was like, "But, but, I'm just getting started!"

Such a sweet little machine. I previewed all 220 presets, but I didn't really get too far beyond that. The weekend is coming up though!

Thanks so much for making the Radiator possible, Chris!

Adam

PS: Obligatory first light photo taken at ~ 5 AM this morning with my phone (which admittedly does not do well in low-light) with a Pluto II aimed at the sloped ceiling in my living room. This is the pattern that was loaded when I first powered up the unit:

I'll try to get some better pics over the weekend.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

now that's more like it!!

i figured the radiation symbol (preset 21) was the perfect initial pattern.

i hope you, and everyone, loves their radiator. it's been a labor of love and we're really proud of this thing we made.
    Wow Chris! Did you actually make/set a custom preset especially for each intended recipient?!?! So when they open the box and plug it in, bam!

I can't believe it's just a coincidence that buffo's initial preset was a nuclear radiation symbol. Hmmmmmm.

I figured the radiation symbol (preset 21) was the perfect initial pattern.
    Wow, I *am* impressed (and honored)! I just figured that as these were tested prior to being boxed up you guys just randomly selected a couple presets to verify everything was kosher, and that this particular unit just happened to be displaying pattern # 21 before it was shut off to be packed up.

Knowing that you selected that pattern just for me is quite touching. Thanks pal!

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I can't believe it's just a coincidence that buffo's initial preset was a nuclear radiation symbol.
    I'm sure it was no coincidence, but you have to admit that it *is* appropriate.

Adam

sorry, i wasn't clear..

i configured the radiation symbol as the default preset for *all* new radiators. there's no way for me to customize them.

it's just appropriate since bufo is nuke head.

Wow, I *am* impressed (and honored)! I just figured that as these were tested prior to being boxed up you guys just randomly selected a couple presets to verify everything was kosher, and that this particular unit just happened to be displaying pattern # 21 before it was shut off to be packed up.

Knowing that you selected that pattern just for me is quite touching. Thanks pal!

I'm sure it was no coincidence, but you have to admit that it *is* appropriate.

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

It would make it a whole lot easier to order if I hadn't taken all my projectors to bits... But that is no excuse time to find some money, there has to be some under the rock I have been hiding under.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Got mine Wednesday, played with it a bit last night. I haven't remotely plumed its depths, but the resolution of the frequency adjustment is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fine. Nice build, though I haven't taken it apart yet. I wonder if I replaced the frequency encoders with something that generates 100 pulses per revolution - would the software keep up?
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

There are acceleration curves on the frequency controls. If you turn them faster, they jump in larger increments. We can tweak the curves and make them more aggressive, if you need it.

All feedback is appreciated. We want to make these as fun and excellent for you as we possibly can!

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Got mine Wednesday, played with it a bit last night. I haven't remotely plumed its depths, but the resolution of the frequency adjustment is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fine. Nice build, though I haven't taken it apart yet. I wonder if I replaced the frequency encoders with something that generates 100 pulses per revolution - would the software keep up?

There are acceleration curves on the frequency controls. If you turn them faster, they jump in larger increments. We can tweak the curves and make them more aggressive, if you need it.

All feedback is appreciated. We want to make these as fun and excellent for you as we possibly can!
    That would be great. In my day it was never about making .05 hz movements. Of course (excepting maybe Danube & colormod 2) we didn't had that ability.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso