Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    That would be great. In my day it was never about making .05 hz movements. Of course (excepting maybe Danube & colormod 2) we didn't had that ability.
    Great! Try giving the controls a faster spin. If that doesn't do the trick for you, let me know what you'd like the default increment size to be and I'll add it to my growing pile of notes.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default Laser over video

Here's a quick little video I made a couple of nights ago.

I found some nice psychedelic video on youtube, played that through my video projector and then laser projected live Radiator abstracts on top of it, along with some LED lighting effects, and then filmed everything in real time with my phone.

Then I sliced and diced it to the awesome music of Steve BuddhaBeats.

Lasers used were a KVANT CM1800 and a Wicked Lasers 1W laser cube with a blur filter.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

That looks great Chris.
    I need to remind myself I also have a LaserDock for a second output, and really need to get some sort of HDMI capture card for my vuisuals computer!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Got my radiator up and running over the weekend. Super stoked to put several hundred hours into making cool patterns once Halloween dies down. I do have a couple questions that I could not find answers to in the manual.

1. Is there currently a way to adjust X and Y offsets? When I first hooked up the unit my pattern was shooting way low in my space. Since I could not find any X and Y offsets I had to get out my 8ft ladder and adjust the projector its self. Am I missing this adjustment somewhere? Or is it on a list of improvements? Or do I need to just suck it up and live with this feature?

2. I noticed that there is a warp type for nearly every module, but I only noticed an adjustment knob for warp type on the transform module. I can adjust the warp type of the other modules through the menu. Am I doing this right?

Overall I have only had a few hours to play around with this hardware. I am really impressed with the preset patterns. This is going to help me tremendously with busking while I develop my own patterns over time. The quality of the build is really top notch. It feels like a real piece of professional hardware that will last a long time. Super awesome job to Chris and his team.

Salty
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Sweet! I hope you love it. I don't check PL as often as I should, but I'll answer questions here as quickly as I see them.

The Radiator does have XY offsets, size controls, inverts, along with a bunch of other settings. Here's how to access them:

Hit the "SHIFT" button twice to return to the main menu and then use the "SELECT" dial to highlight "Output" in the row of icons along the bottom of the LCD screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0664.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	57162

And then hit "ENTER" to jump into that menu. The "SELECT" dial scrolls you up and down the menu and the "VALUE" dial changes the settings.

Name:	IMG_0665.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	4.78 MB 
ID:	57161

Settings changes are live and are saved on the fly.

you're correct, to select "WARP" type for modules other than the "TRANSFORMER" you have to use the gui.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Got my radiator up and running over the weekend. Super stoked to put several hundred hours into making cool patterns once Halloween dies down. I do have a couple questions that I could not find answers to in the manual.

1. Is there currently a way to adjust X and Y offsets? When I first hooked up the unit my pattern was shooting way low in my space. Since I could not find any X and Y offsets I had to get out my 8ft ladder and adjust the projector its self. Am I missing this adjustment somewhere? Or is it on a list of improvements? Or do I need to just suck it up and live with this feature?

2. I noticed that there is a warp type for nearly every module, but I only noticed an adjustment knob for warp type on the transform module. I can adjust the warp type of the other modules through the menu. Am I doing this right?

Overall I have only had a few hours to play around with this hardware. I am really impressed with the preset patterns. This is going to help me tremendously with busking while I develop my own patterns over time. The quality of the build is really top notch. It feels like a real piece of professional hardware that will last a long time. Super awesome job to Chris and his team.

Salty
    Last edited by swamidog; 10-12-2020 at 07:06.

Thanks Chris. I also found where I missed it in the manual. The term "X Offset" is not searchable as it's in a picture under the output section. My bad for not paying closer attention while reading manual.

What about question 2?

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Sweet! I hope you love it. I don't check PL as often as I should, but I'll answer questions here as quickly as I see them.

The Radiator does have XY offsets, size controls, inverts, along with a bunch of other settings. Here's how to access them:

Hit the "SHIFT" button twice to return to the main menu and then use the "SELECT" dial to highlight "Output" in the row of icons along the bottom of the LCD screen.

Name:	IMG_0664.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	57162

And then hit "ENTER" to jump into that menu. The "SELECT" dial scrolls you up and down the menu and the "VALUE" dial changes the settings.

Name:	IMG_0665.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	4.78 MB 
ID:	57161

Settings changes are live and are saved on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    That looks great Chris.
    I need to remind myself I also have a LaserDock for a second output, and really need to get some sort of HDMI capture card for my vuisuals computer!
    Thanks Norty!

I've had really good luck capturing Radiiator's HDMI output with one of these: https://www.cloner-alliance.com/clon...lint-4kp-plus/

Thanks Chris. I also found where I missed it in the manual. The term "X Offset" is not searchable as it's in a picture under the output section. My bad for not paying closer attention while reading manual.

What about question 2?
    answered in my updated post

the shape generators and LFO's don't have dedicated "TYPE" knobs and must use the gui. all the other modules do.

Thanks. Just trying to make sure I am using this hardware as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    answered in my updated post

the shape generators and LFO's don't have dedicated "TYPE" knobs and must use the gui. all the other modules do.

Thanks. Just trying to make sure I am using this hardware as intended.
    as long as you're not taking a bath with it, you're good.