Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

Angry

Hello,
    I didn't even know there was a warranty...
    Maybe I am ordering too much stuff in China!
    If I had known, I might have waited 'til after it expired. How long is it, by the way?

Anyway, the first thing I did was of course making an backup of the two partitions on the CM3+, /boot and /, and verifying said backup by creating a working Clone on another CM3+.
    So I can always return to the original operating version.
    In fact, the only thing I changed from the Stock OS ist the aforementioned Mod P1,2,3 sensitivity, the cure was just deleting a "0" (zero) in the right spot in a config file.

And I saw that the Processor is idling around all the time, even with all LFOs, Pattern, Transformer and Clone engaged.
    So, if I have far too much time at my disposal, I might explore new Things it could do in the mean time, like connecting 2 Spacemouses that I have lying around the USB ports, to control up to 12 Parameters in Realtime.

Remember, I now have an identical backup CM3+ module with the stock OS (they are about 45€/maybe 50$), even if I mess up badly, I can just install it.

My personal definition of "Power User" is someone who just figures out how to fix it rather than deal with the hassle and delay of sending it back.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Talking

Congratulation Shivahjo, you found the easter egg: the Canadian flag. Vive le Quebec libre: Charles de Gaulle.

Default Anyone interested in a more flexible "Generator to Radiator" solution ?

Attachment 58045Hello,
    i tried to come up with a more flexible way for the input device form other generators that the lovely neon captain people recently started selling.
    Also, i wanted to train my PCB layout skills...
    So i did a "universal" solution.
    I think of calling it the "ILDA Tap".
    Its benefits:
    • ILDA through (i.e. in and out, hence the "tap") for X(+/-), Y(+/-), R,G,B Interlock and their respective ground levels
    • selectable source for X (could be X, inverted X, Y, inverted Y)
    • selectable source for Y (could be X, inverted X, Y, inverted Y)
    • selectable source for R (could be R, G, B or Intensity)
    • selectable source for G (could be R, G, B or Intensity)
    • selectable source for B (could be R, G, B or Intensity)

The source can be selected via a jumper per Channel. Maybe i get even color coded Jumpers...

Attached as JPEG is a sketch of the PCB, i removed the copper traces for better readability.
    The cost is about 5€ for the PCB, and 8 € for the parts.
    There are no cables included, but if interested, i could throw in three stereo TRS Cables for 6 € per set.
    So far i ordered the minimum order quantity of 5 PCB's.

ILDA connectors are top and bottom, Cable outputs to the radiator are on the left, jumpers are everywhere...

Is anyone interested in getting one of these?
    Please send a message, and we will figure it all out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ilda-pcb.jpg  

Last edited by shivahoj; 05-26-2021 at 08:56.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

love it! thank you for making this.

Quote Originally Posted by shivahoj View Post
    Attachment 58045Hello,
    i tried to come up with a more flexible way for the input device form other generators that the lovely neon captain people recently started selling.
    Also, i wanted to train my PCB layout skills...
    So i did a "universal" solution.
    I think of calling it the "ILDA Tap".
    Its benefits:
    • ILDA through (i.e. in and out, hence the "tap") for X(+/-), Y(+/-), R,G,B Interlock and their respective ground levels
    • selectable source for X (could be X, inverted X, Y, inverted Y)
    • selectable source for Y (could be X, inverted X, Y, inverted Y)
    • selectable source for R (could be R, G, B or Intensity)
    • selectable source for G (could be R, G, B or Intensity)
    • selectable source for B (could be R, G, B or Intensity)

The source can be selected via a jumper per Channel. Maybe i get even color coded Jumpers...

Attached as JPEG is a sketch of the PCB, i removed the copper traces for better readability.
    The cost is about 5€ for the PCB, and 8 € for the parts.
    There are no cables included, but if interested, i could throw in three stereo TRS Cables for 6 € per set.
    So far i ordered the minimum order quantity of 5 PCB's.

ILDA connectors are top and bottom, Cable outputs to the radiator are on the left, jumpers are everywhere...

Is anyone interested in getting one of these?
    Please send a message, and we will figure it all out.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi folks,

Here's an updated presets file designed to take advantage of the 1.10 firmware update we published a
    few months ago. This contains optimized presets plus a number of new presets for some projects we've been working on.
    These presets were developed and optimized for laser projection with the output filter set to "Low". Since laser projectors
    and galvos differ wildly, you may have to adjust them for best results with your laser projector.
    If you haven't upgraded to 1.10, please do so. The documentation is in the manual @ http://neoncaptain.com

Enjoy!

(rename this file to 20210612.shw before uploading it to the radiator)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	481.3 KB 
ID:	58080
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swamidog; 06-12-2021 at 18:40.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Does this update include a new shape I talked to you about back in December of last year? The new shape is a square made of just four vertices, in other words 1/4 of the data points are located at each vertex of the square. My Radiator sits unused as I use this shape as a base for many of my abstracts. So I continue to use my old MAX/MSP code for now to make for production.... Can you update me on this? Thank you. -Greg.

Laser Warning Exploring the Radiator Color Module...

Here's a video about exploring the Color module. I'm now hooked on Chop.
    https://youtu.be/X5vVPlYyD4s

Here's a hybrid show I recently made.

This is a combination of two Radiators and LSX generated effects. Everything is driven from LSX, including the two Radiators that are controlled via midi events on the LSX timeline. The Radiators are doing the heavy lifting and the LSX effects are mostly just the animated dots and circles of dots. Many sections are 100% Radiator. Can you figure out which is Radiator and which is LSX?

Enjoy!

Last edited by swamidog; 07-08-2021 at 09:10.

Swamidog, I love your musical culture; astonishing. This explains that.