Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

I have also had the pleasure of playing with the prototype. Honestly its hard calling it a prototype because it was already a polished piece of hardware. Can't wait to get my radiator so I can attach it to the rest of my live console.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

I'll third that. I've been burned by several hardware kickstarters, this one is different. The hardware is real and well polished.

I have one of his phenol units sitting next to me. Amazing box. Didn’t know that was the same guy. Excellent audio gear.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I have one of his phenol units sitting next to me. Amazing box. Didn’t know that was the same guy. Excellent audio gear.
    Yup! I showed one in the KS video.

Andrew is crazy good at things like this. I would not dream of doing this without him.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I’ll be purchasing once they are ready for shipping 👍
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    I'm putting my reputation in the laser world on the line with the Radiator
    This is something that should put people at ease. Chris isn't one to sign on to something that is half-baked; he doesn't risk his reputation lightly. The same can be said for Adam Raugh at X-Laser. And that also applies to all the other supporters who are long-time members here on PL, including me.

That being said, I honestly don't see any risk in this Kickstarter campaign. I am one of the people who had a chance to experiment with the Radiator at NASA's Kennedy Space Center for the Yuri's Night celebration last April. This is a real product that works, and works well. The extra features they have planned for it are great, but honestly it's already an amazing piece of hardware as it presently stands. That's why I had no qualms about jumping in on the Kickstarter. The fact that the Kickstarter price is likely to be a few hundred bucks less than the eventual retail price is just a bonus.

This is my partner Andrew:
    https://www.kilpatrickaudio.com/
    For those of you who haven't made the connection yet, Andrew is "Neon Captain", and he will be joining us at SELEM this year.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    I’ll be purchasing once they are ready for shipping 👍
    That's cool too, but just remember that you will likely end up paying more for it if you wait until they're selling at retail.

Adam

PS: Wonder how many Radiators we'll have at SELEM next year?

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Will the finished model have ilda in? That would be awesome. To be able to take in an ilda signal and them mess with it in Radiator. I suppose you could do that with the audio in for X an Y but you would lose the ilda color modulation. That way you can do a mix of a canned show or frame and then add live elements without having to switch between projectors or switch inputs.
    If you’re into the eurorack world, I’ve got something to address SOME of that
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A35AD42D-DF4D-4D8D-AC2D-51329455EA39.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	883.5 KB 
ID:	55772

Here's a really quick little video showing off one of the very non-standard features of the Radiator. It's the ability to take an abstract from the shape generators and perform radial clones and translations.

We're working hard to make this little console amazing!

Last edited by swamidog; 08-01-2019 at 12:15.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Very cool! I don't remember you showing this to me in Florida...

Could you add oscillations to the shape before you clone it? So you'd have a bunch of mini-lissajous in a circular arrangement, for example? And what about color modulation? Is that applied before or after the cloning process? (Or can you select where in the chain the color effects are added?) So many questions....

Adam

cloning is still a work in progress. that's really just a teaser.

yes. cloning can be applied to anything that the shapes generators can make.

color modulation is applied before the cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Very cool! I don't remember you showing this to me in Florida...

Could you add oscillations to the shape before you clone it? So you'd have a bunch of mini-lissajous in a circular arrangement, for example? And what about color modulation? Is that applied before or after the cloning process? (Or can you select where in the chain the color effects are added?) So many questions....

Adam