Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

what’s the music? It’s got. Good vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    <farnsworth>Good News Everyone!</farnsworth>

We've just heard from the manufacturing plant...

Radiator cases are almost complete and should be shipping to us next week.

Direct quote from the engineer at the plant: "They look really good!"

Direct quote from me: "holy crap!"

Attachment 56851

Attachment 56852

annnnnd... here's a quick little radiator show a made a couple nights ago under the excuse of "exercising my ion"... i used the little laserphysics 300wc in my living room. i had forgotten what a joy pcaom blanking is.

Quote Originally Posted by shivahoj View Post
    Since I still don't know my way around FB (way too many buttons to click), can You post the link to his / their page?
    Thanks!
    Just type in what you're looking for in the "Search Facebook" box at the top left corner of the page"...

If you were a Kickstarter participant in the project you should already be receiving status updates in your registered email.
    Per the announcement there, more photos & manual should be posted on the Web site later today.

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=neon_captain

Web
    https://www.neoncaptain.com/?fbclid=...sJosjCY0HEhM#/
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-03-2020 at 09:13.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Yeah. I’m number277. I get mine last

Regarding the user manual for the Radiator, my understanding is that they will be publishing an on-line .PDF file that will contain all the instructions. That way it can be updated easily.

My guess is that it will be hosted on the Neoncaptain.com website.

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

and youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaU...gpNfovrR_Wb6Kg

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Just type in what you're looking for in the "Search Facebook" box at the top left corner of the page"...

If you were a Kickstarter participant in the project you should already be receiving status updates in your registered email.
    Per the announcement there, more photos & manual should be posted on the Web site later today.

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=neon_captain

Web
    https://www.neoncaptain.com/?fbclid=...sJosjCY0HEhM#/
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yup!

We hate killing trees. The manual is a pdf available here:

https://www.neoncaptain.com/uploads/...r_manual_1.pdf

It will be updated and versioned once we start getting feedback on Radiators.

I'm on point for for any issues that arise, but please use our official email so everyone on team Radiator can see it:

neoncaptain3@gmail.com

The Radiator is user updatable via an option in the utility menu. It's super easy. Hook up the rj45, and hit update.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Regarding the user manual for the Radiator, my understanding is that they will be publishing an on-line .PDF file that will contain all the instructions. That way it can be updated easily.

My guess is that it will be hosted on the Neoncaptain.com website.

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

The midi / cv specs and mapping information are available in the manual (please see the link I posted).

We are working on a way to make user updatable shapes / patterns / sequences. That is not available in the initial release, but it's on the list of desired features. Currently there's a fairly large number of included still frames and animated sequences. More can be pushed out in software updates.

Of course, all the included presets are editable.

Quote Originally Posted by shivahoj View Post
    Seriously,
    is (or will there be) a manual?
    Apart from the self-evident What-you-see-is-what-you-get principle, are there any plans of creating a manual, at least describing all the inputs and outputs, their maximum specs (like the allowed voltages on the CV inputs), or the MIDI messages understood and sent, and their interaction with the control surface?

About the software to up/download data to/from the Radiator(that is, ILDA files, shapes, patterns, software updates and whatnot), on which platform is it gonna run?
    Would it be possible to have it in a source code format , to self-compile it for everyone's specific needs, and host it say on GitHub?

Just did a drive-by on the manual ~
    WAY awesome!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default Access to OZ

I see this is pretty much at ready state, ( i didint purchase through kickstarter as no Australian delivery options)

Is there a method for me to access one from over here is OZ, or pay and get it sent local the US where i can get it forwarded here, i have cousins in Oregan and Washington i believe.l

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Those of you who know me know my love of abstracts with LSX. Over the last couple of years at SELEM I've discovered a love of live abstracts controlled by consoles instead of software and timelines.

To this end, I partnered with Andrew and QP from Kilpatrick Audio and we've been working behind the scenes on a way to make live laser abstract performance sexy and fun again. Those are you who were at the 2018 ILDA conference in Montreal saw our first prototype and those of you who were with us recently at NASA's Kennedy Space Center saw the second prototype.

And now I'm really excited to announce we're opening up crowd funding for the production version of our laser synthesizer abstract console. Please take a look, and if you love the idea of performing laser abstracts with a knob box, pick one up.

Let's make some beautiful light, and I hope to see you all at SELEM!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er-synthesizer