Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

There will be at least one of the v2 prototypes (the one i've been using to make these videos) at SELEM. I'm hoping that Andrew will be able to make it from Montreal. If he does, he'll bring the second v2 prototype.

It's rather clunky compared to the production version, but I'll be doing a presentation on it and you'll have plenty of opportunity for hands on.

Please note that the Kickstarter will have completed before SELEM and there will be a price jump for units purchased outside of the Kickstarter. No pressure. I just don't want anyone to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Chris -

Are you planning to have one of the latest versions of Radiator available at SELEM for some hands-on demonstrations?
    I figure that's probably all it would take to push me over the "gotta' have that, take my money" abyss, LOL...

Thanks!
    Randy
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Appreciate the heads up on the kickstarter price break ending -
    The pressure!!

Will the final version include the ability to adjust for off-axis projector placement (Keyhole, etc.)?
    In my case my “permanent” graphics projector is suspended from the ceiling, so I’ll need to be able to make alignment adjustments from each controller.

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hmm....

Consider geometric correction added to the to-do list. )

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Appreciate the heads up on the kickstarter price break ending -
    The pressure!!

Will the final version include the ability to adjust for off-axis projector placement (Keyhole, etc.)?
    In my case my “permanent” graphics projector is suspended from the ceiling, so I’ll need to be able to make alignment adjustments from each controller.

Thanks!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yes, geometric correction and accurate zoning are deffo 'must haves' for a device that's going to be used outside of the house.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

test patterns to align please just a grid....or make add your own frame as an oscillator an option...

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    test patterns to align please just a grid....or make add your own frame as an oscillator an option...
    A test pattern would be helpful, or you could just use a square from one of the shape generators.

Radiator Laser Synthesizer Updates:

1) We're so overjoyed to have funded our Kickstarter in such a short time! The outpouring of support and encouragement has been humbling and invigorating.

We're excited to announce the first of our stretch goals: ILDA save!

When this goal is met, you'll be able connect a usb drive to your Radiator and record your performances. The recordings can be played back by laser show editors such as XLERATE, Quickshow, Beyond, LSX, and many others.

If you've ever wanted to add the amazing live abstracts from the Radiator into your programmed laser shows, now's your chance. Please help us reach this goal. We're so close. Just a little more!

ILDA save stretch goal will be unlocked at 100,000$ CA.

2) Our bundled laser projectors are FDA / CDRH and IEC 60825-1 compliant so we're now offering export to the EU (Please check your local laws and regulations).

3) As a added bonus, all bundled projectors will come equipped with X-Laser's Mercury system:

From Adam Raugh "With Mercury, your Neon Captain laser system will have features no other laser projector on the market has like Streaming ACN connectivity, DMX Node functionality, free visualizer compatibility with Capture, Realizzer and WYSIWYG, etherStop connectivity and more! Mercury was designed from the ground up for creating fast and unique aerial beam shows directly your DMX, Art Net or sACN lighting controller you already have. With Radiator and a Mercury equipped Neon Captain laser system, you've got the best control systems in the world for creating fast and unique looks. You can even use your lighting controller to switch between Mercury and Radiator inputs on the fly!"

We're so proud of the Radiator and we hope you love yours.

Here's a quick and dirty demo showing how to create basic cycloids and how presets work...

Oh yes... I said presets

Default Tie me up to the radiator

here's your theme music

me vs. morrissey in the pretentiousness contest (the ladder match)

https://www.bing.com/search?q=me+vs.+morrissey+in+the+pretentiousness+c ontest+%28the+ladder+match&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid= 5839efe49cd842bab148375a8d987d13&refig=539b7e47973 64d0dd11e26a778e9381f&cc=US&setlang=en-US&plvar=0

Some Radiator abstracts for Abstract Thursday (1/5th of a second exposure)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08493.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	55732

Name:	DSC08502.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	55733

Name:	DSC08511.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	55734

Name:	DSC08524.jpg 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	55735

Name:	DSC08555.jpg 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	55736

Name:	DSC08631.jpg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	55737

Name:	DSC08743.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	55738

Name:	DSC08746.jpg 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	55739

Name:	DSC08824.jpg 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	55740

Name:	DSC08898.jpg 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	55741