Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

Without wishing to derail the Radiator thread (do we have a phosphorescent screen thread?) how much background light can you get away with for this stuff?
    Is it a case of fully dark room, or could it work in a club setting with good control of the other lighting?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default Radiator at ILDA 2019

I took one of our Radiator prototypes to the 2019 ILDA conference and had some really fun laserjam sessions with Tim Walsh on his Lasergraph DSP (such a cool system).

Footage courtesy of Chris Stuart. (I owe you a latte)

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default PCB Work Complete!

We are incredibly excited to announce PCB work on the Radiator Laser Synthesizer has been completed.

Our BOM is in hand and we're ordering components for a small batch of final prototypes. While we're waiting for the parts, we're working hard on the code.

We've crammed a lot of great stuff in under the hood and we think you're really going to love working with your Radiator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-11-25-radiator3-mb-crop.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	56111

Name:	radiator-dt-crop.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	56112
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Default missed the boat

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    We are incredibly excited to announce PCB work on the Radiator Laser Synthesizer has been completed.

Our BOM is in hand and we're ordering components for a small batch of final prototypes. While we're waiting for the parts, we're working hard on the code.

We've crammed a lot of great stuff in under the hood and we think you're really going to love working with your Radiator.

Name:	2019-11-25-radiator3-mb-crop.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	56111

Name:	radiator-dt-crop.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	56112
    totally missed the boat on this been very busy lately and did not see this i missed the kick starter is there any means to put my hand up for one at this late state of the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaitstate View Post
    totally missed the boat on this been very busy lately and did not see this i missed the kick starter is there any means to put my hand up for one at this late state of the game ?
    Absolutely! We're taking pre-orders here:

https://www.neoncaptain.com/

Here are a few more videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaU...R_Wb6Kg/videos

Default Some updated effects

We've done a pretty huge amount of work behind the scenes and I wanted to share a quick look at some of the effects coming out of the Radiator.

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

This thing just keeps getting better and better!

Adam

Oh... Yeaaaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    This thing just keeps getting better and better!

Adam

Default Production Model!!!

Glamor shots and videos in a bit... I'm swamped prepping for my art installation at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, but.

Here's the first pic of the production model Radiator:

Name:	rad-prod.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	56328