Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default Announcing: "The Radiator"

Those of you who know me know my love of abstracts with LSX. Over the last couple of years at SELEM I've discovered a love of live abstracts controlled by consoles instead of software and timelines.

To this end, I partnered with Andrew and QP from Kilpatrick Audio and we've been working behind the scenes on a way to make live laser abstract performance sexy and fun again. Those are you who were at the 2018 ILDA conference in Montreal saw our first prototype and those of you who were with us recently at NASA's Kennedy Space Center saw the second prototype.

And now I'm really excited to announce we're opening up crowd funding for the production version of our laser synthesizer abstract console. Please take a look, and if you love the idea of performing laser abstracts with a knob box, pick one up.

Let's make some beautiful light, and I hope to see you all at SELEM!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er-synthesizer
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Just for fun I spent a little time noodling with the Radiator and an X-laser Ghostwriter uv projector. I just had a few minutes, but even so, I was getting some really nice effects.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Okay, I'm in.....
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Okay, I'm in.....
    Thank you, I hope you enjoy it!

Totally in.
    I delayed pledging on Friday and by Sunday I'd missed the first tier! Very popular!

Didn't actually watch the video/sales pitch until 12 hours after I'd spent the money....

"Thankfully not crap" Adam
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Oh, meant to ask Chris, will it be in a format where the firmware can be updated?
    I have recently been buying music hardware again, and one of the great things is the firmware updates that allow new functionality after the initial release, like pattern/patch chaining, etc (and not to mention the inevitable bug fixes)
    The CV input looks fun...
    Frikkin Lasers

Yes. Absolutely. We've got a slick system where you plug the Radiator in to your computer and hit our website and it updates the firmware for you.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Oh, meant to ask Chris, will it be in a format where the firmware can be updated?
    I have recently been buying music hardware again, and one of the great things is the firmware updates that allow new functionality after the initial release, like pattern/patch chaining, etc (and not to mention the inevitable bug fixes)
    The CV input looks fun...

Awesome, can we get forced updates and nag screens too??
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    *jokes*
    Calm down....
    Frikkin Lasers

i pretty much just snorted coffee everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Awesome, can we get forced updates and nag screens too??
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    *jokes*
    Calm down....

Default Live Radiator Noodling

Here's a little late night noodling with the Radiator and some Chemical Brothers. It's unrehearsed, but shows some of the effects the Radiator produces.