Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing: "The Radiator"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I want to showcase a Radiator feature that we haven't talked about much.

As you probably know, Radiator supports laser projection directly from the built in db25 and the Ether Dream DAC (via the rj45).

The Radiator also simultaneously supports video output from the built in HDMI interface and a custom render engine we've created called "Laser Raster".

This video is entirely video projection through a Casio DLP projector (yes, *that* Casio projector) and then filmed with an iPhone 8. No lasers were used in this video.

The Radiator with video projector can be used for safe and legal audience scanning.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    No lasers were used in this video.
    LIAR! LIAR! LIARRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg0xBjegI7A

The Ca$io slim-green projector uses 445 nm laser diodes to produce both the blue and the green (via a fluorescent strip) illumination source for the DLP chip. Granted, the output is still eye-safe, but to say that "no lasers were used" is false.

Had you used a different video projector you'd be correct...

Adam

I knew someone was going to call me on that.

Especially since I wrote: "(yes, *that* Casio projector)"

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    LIAR! LIAR! LIARRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg0xBjegI7A

The Casio slim-green projector uses 445 nm laser diodes to produce both the blue and the green (via a fluorescent strip) illumination source for the DLP chip. Granted, the output is still eye-safe, but to say that "no lasers were used" is false.

Had you used a different video projector you'd be correct...

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Social distancing in my house with the Radiator.

Nice! Yet another cool (and unexpected) feature.

I realize that the entire economy is upside-down at the moment, so please don't think I'm nagging here: I'm sure the COVID-19 crisis has blown the launch timetable for the Radiator all to hell.

With that in mind, can you discuss how far behind things are at the moment, and/or make any predictions as to when you might be able to resume work on the units?

Again, not calling you out at all, and certainly not panicking either. Just curious as to how things are going (or aren't going, as the case may be).

Adam

Totally fair question!

The pcb's are in production right now. We're expecting them to be completed next week and then we'll do check out on them. The production houses we had lined up to do the case fabbing are currently totally unresponsive so we're reaching out to additional shops.

In the meantime, we're adding features and content.

I've completed about 150 presets (my goal is 200) and about 50 animated sequences (my goal is 100). This can be added to with downloadable contetent packs.
    Laserdock / Lasercube functionally is now fully implemented
    Preset management is baked. The Radiator can have multiple preset files on board so you can create preset files specific to a gig without disturbing other preset files. Preset files are exportable (to a usb thumb drive) importable, hand editable (they're just text files).
    We've added algorithmic color modes which makes color cycle and other effects no longer dependent on using a LFO on the color channels to find a harmonic relationship with the shape generators.
    We've added Transformer functions that are applied globally over the abstract.. Functions like 3d transforms and some other tricks.
    Clone section can now create 3d animations with perspective

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Nice! Yet another cool (and unexpected) feature.

I realize that the entire economy is upside-down at the moment, so please don't think I'm nagging here: I'm sure the COVID-19 crisis has blown the launch timetable for the Radiator all to hell.

With that in mind, can you discuss how far behind things are at the moment, and/or make any predictions as to when you might be able to resume work on the units?

Again, not calling you out at all, and certainly not panicking either. Just curious as to how things are going (or aren't going, as the case may be).

Adam

Coolness - sounds like it's definitely going to be worth the wait...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Here's a little bit of the new color routines in action. Starting with traditional FM modulation and then moving on to some psychedelic effects. Also note the 3d rotation with perspective.

and a little 3d math:

Now there's MATH involved?
    Son of a...

Looks awesome!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....