Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combining beams

Nice! I wish I could machine metal like that.

Well it was a thought. Good or bad I share them all.

... two (or up to six ) of this 200Watt-beams on a spot of 0.4mm is enough power to melt/fuse metal wires on a metal surface ... and you doesn't need such a stiff/solid frame, as used with metal machining.

So my plan is to hook a head with 2 to 6 fibers on my CNC-mill and perform some tests with "additive fabbing" with all sorts of materials, I can melt with the diodes

Attached is an older idea from this area, where I've combined 6 blue 1.5Watt-"beamys" on a spot of 0.3mm ... today there are blue 6Watt-diodes available ... or the 200Watt IR ones

Viktor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6xKopf1.jpg  

Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Ok so I think I solved the cost issue.

There is another way to do the same damn thing I just noticed. Just use three regular cubes aligned on their tips in a diagonal.

___
    |__|__
    .....|__|__
    ..........|__|
    ________Waveplate

Now you can use cheap cubes and they can be 5mm Same as if it was a 15mm cube.

One issue is packing in the dichros so tight. Can't think of an adjustable mount that would fit in less than 5mm of space so what does this really do...... No one wants to adjust the diodes to align.

I was thinking you could get a watt of single mode in a space under 2" unlikely unless mass produced with a jig to align it all and if it drifted your toast.

Well ideas are free.... i had to add the .... lines to make the cubes show right

ASCII art! Brilliant.

...Mike
    Runs with Lasers