Thread: Mamba 1.82 is here...

Default Mamba 1.82 is here...

Hi Folks - if you haven't noticed already Mamba 1.82 has landed. I have just downloaded it but have not had a look yet at what it can do but its off to a bad start as far as im concerned. When you open it a huge Medialas logo fills the screen before fading away and the allowing the app to load. How exactly does this help me do a laser show?
    I would rather that mamba looked shit but worked!

Rob

Hmmm....

Off to a bad start with me. Can't even decompress it as it's a 'Rar' file. Guess i'll have to download some software to open the software

Let me know if it's worth the effort Rob. I'm feeling pretty hacked off with Medialas at the moment. I've been trying for ages to get SMStoLaser working. I've tried it on two separate laptops (one XP and one Vista) and it won't work on either. I've had all sorts of issues with a USB to serial lead and now that's all working o.k. it tells me the hardware key/dongle isn't present BUT IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGHHHHH.....

Jem

Ahhhh the joys of USB. Give me a good old piece of hardware anyday over some resource hogging software driven pile of shite. Just in case you are wondering Im not the biggest fan of USB.

Anyway up to now as far as I'm concerned its good as on 1.81 the feature 'save output to file' did not work and I use this a whole load so Im happy tho adding 5 or 6 seconds to the fun beginning is really crap. I want a 'turn splash screen off' preference now! And its the top of my wish list. I really mean that - its no.1 on the list over everything else.

Earlier on I was testing out some of the stuff ive been doing to my whitelight and accidentally knocked the dongle (which is on the front of the pc) this put mamba into demo mode so I had to shut it down and restart it....only to wait staring at a bloody great big medialas logo - and i mean BIG. see below.

I hate it. Its so pointless and so anoying and thats after a half a dozen startups. Medialas take note. We know whose bloody application we are running without you slapping us round the face with it!

Rob

PS try this
    http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar370.exe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen.jpg  

Unhappy

Hi folks,

I'm really sorry, someone uploaded the wrong file. The current build is already at 17xx, not 1594. I'm sad that I didn't make it for a release of Build 1701 but I'd rather fix some more bugs than go for a nice build number I didn't notice it before someone called me up and asked why it was a RAR archive. I'm using RAR archives for the development versions because it save more than half a megabyte in size and I'm always impatient when uploading stuff - but we're still repacking the official releases as ZIP files to avoid user complaints like the one right above

The proper version should be on the website soon. Once again, I'm sorry for the mess.

P.S. I'm just right now adding that checkbox to disable the splash screen, next update will contain it
    Last edited by OldGrumpy; 08-07-2007 at 04:25.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    P.S. I'm just right now adding that checkbox to disable the splash screen, next update will contain it

thankyou thankyou thankyou

Rob

Hi OldGrumpy

Thanks for that, sorry if I was a bit hasty.

If you get a chance to look at the SMStoLaser program please do so. I've emailed Medialas Many times about this and I expect they are also frustrated that it won't work.

It's too much of a coincidence that it won't work on two laptops, there must be something in the program that is the reason for it not being able to recognise the dongle.

Cheers

Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi OldGrumpy

Thanks for that, sorry if I was a bit hasty.
    Well it was a mistake and the sooner we learnt about it, the better. It should be fixed now and the proper file should be available for download. Update notification should indicate that there is a newer version with the next update check, too

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    If you get a chance to look at the SMStoLaser program please do so. I've emailed Medialas Many times about this and I expect they are also frustrated that it won't work.

It's too much of a coincidence that it won't work on two laptops, there must be something in the program that is the reason for it not being able to recognise the dongle.
    The main problem is that the code has simply one error exit point and that's decorated with an error message that is as helpful as a newspaper from 1742. If you could PM me with a private email address, I'd like to send you some version that's a bit more verbose about what's going on. This will help me find out why your systems won't budge.