Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2020 possible date change - discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    hey can you stream an ilda stream and play it at home on your own projector? Never seen that done
    In principle there's no reason you couldn't tunnel one of the existing laser network protocols through a VPN, however I'm not sure which protocols and endpoint devices would cope well with the potential bandwidth limitation and latency. Also, since none of the available protocols are truly cross-platform, you would need to have the right hardware to display it...

I have the HTC Vive. There are several "environments" people have created. Some very complicated like the Mos Eisley Cantina. Environments can have multiple people join at once.

I have no idea how these are made or how difficult they are to make, but I'm sure there are people on PL that do. If someone is up for the challenge I would love to experience a virtual LEM.

Chris

Edit:
    I did some digging.....

https://store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat/

and it's free.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 03-30-2020 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    How virtual would it be? You mentioned VR so I am wondering if you are thinking of a 3d space or just some type of chat. It would be funny to model the venue in something like Unity3d and then create a multiplayer experience where we could walk around and chat and show each other video feeds. I am not suggesting doing that by any means as a substitute or even as an approximation. I just think it would be hilarious and a fun novelty.

Or maybe someone could set up a TF2 server and we can just run around blowing each other up.
    Pretty much a videogame. Like VRchat. Running a server would be easy enough and anyone could join. Just need a custom map designed that will look similar to past LEMs. I'm not 100% sure but I believe you can play videos in it while everyone is there so a good way for people to play their shows via youtube vids. What's good about VRchat is you don't need a VR headset to play it but it isn't as immersive obviously.
    Last edited by Shadow; 04-01-2020 at 05:03.

VR is great, but that still leaves one big question:

How is Brad going to cook his amazing meals for us all!?!??!

I'd still like to see a streaming platform from the internet to ilda. Problem is it needs security or everyone can record it....Can't stop adat.

I think an app that receives the data via the web and then sends out a play only stream to a dac could work. We still have he music rights issue to deal with. essentially only send out free use shows. I think this could be partially solved for pangolin shows by streaming through their portal. Would not be real time however. Video seems safest and easiest.

If we paid the same 110 or so for the fee could we not rent a pretty robust server for this. $110*100attendee=$11000

Brad can mail MRE...with alcohol wipes

Brad can mail MRE...with alcohol wipes
    MRE... "Meal, Ready to Eat"

Also known as "Three lies for the price of one!"

Adam

We need something to look forward too, tired of lock up! Bring on the sign up.
    leading in trailing technology

taken down respectfully
    Last edited by Shadow; 04-20-2020 at 03:38.

I don’t know I flew american there last time I flew in. I’d rather not memorialize this event by adding the virus to the logo. This sucks isn’t fun and well I’d rather forget it happened some day. I get the design but could we not go there. I’m a bit over sensitive as I’m around the hospitals all day. I can tell you it isn’t as bad as New York but it still is something that I’ll have nightmares about for a long time. SELEM is a happy place I go to when dealing with this crap. Let’s try to keep it that way.

I don’t know I flew american there last time I flew in. I’d rather not memorialize this event by adding the virus to the logo. This sucks isn’t fun and well I’d rather forget it happened some day. I get the design but could we not go there. I’m a bit over sensitive as I’m around the hospitals all day. I can tell you it isn’t as bad as New York but it still is something that I’ll have nightmares about for a long time. SELEM is a happy place I go to when dealing with this crap. Let’s try to keep it that way.
    Agree 100%
    Please do not combine SELEM with this horrible virus.