Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

School was also in laserock platinum - I might be able to get a good transfer. There was an effect that was added with/after the Beatles show where the old chopper was mounted. It was just an EM-20 with a blue red dicro on on side and a yellow green dicro on the other. With no power to the EM-20 the beam was undisturbed, positive inserts one of the dicros in the beam, negative the other. I used the red blue in school.

I was long gone when Zodiac came out.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

That would be really great. It looks like the last four numbers in laserock platinum are the same ones missing from the current dataset.

That's so cool that you actually performed School. Maybe if it surfaces, you could give us a walk through what you might have been doing in different parts of the piece. I don't remember much but the flying carpet effect.

Here is Cars. Showcase of the static offsets begins around 1:38.
    https://youtu.be/O4oTyuyZXDA
    I performed the mouse button equivalent of operating the two fixed offset bank select switches in order to show all of the 16 fixed offset patterns. Not sure if this would have been done during an actual performance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cars_control_tracks.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Here is Cars. Showcase of the static offsets begins around 1:38.
    https://youtu.be/O4oTyuyZXDA
    I performed the mouse button equivalent of operating the two fixed offset bank select switches in order to show all of the 16 fixed offset patterns. Not sure if this would have been done during an actual performance.
    Love your progress.

I liked school, but Laserock II wasn't one of my favorites. Certainly not cars.

There's a bit of dialog in a Tom Clancy novel. One character says, "It's like that book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus."
    "I'm not familiar with this book."
    "It's the kind of book that once you've read the title you don't need to read the book."
    "Then I won't."

Cars is like that.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

An Inconvenient Truth, To Have Or To Be? are candidates that come to mind for books where the title says it all.

A nagging thought: My memory of Rocky Mountain Way is that it has at the end red as triangle audio mod, yellow and blue as danube circles, and green as the KQO. But with A bus having both fixed cycloid and triangle audio mod, could this have been possible? Also the face had two danube circles, the KQO, and a circle from the CYGN-A. How can there be three images with two busses?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RockyMountainWay_recollection.jpg  

The A&B bus thing limited you to two different images, but you could easily do more with the override switches.

Couldn't you do three different images? One each from A & B buses, and another from DOGN or Dynadig with the image size down and offset up on that color?

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    The A&B bus thing limited you to two different images, but you could easily do more with the override switches.

The Dog card could do 4 "images", but they summed at the output of the lower cage after all the A/B bus image processing. The Dynadig image was one of the fixed cycloids.

For Rocky Mountain Way I had the Red override switch in the center position (summing) and used the slow CYGN-A oscillator to play the mouth with gain and symmetry mostly. Maybe frequency too. What Greg thought was triangle Audio Mod is just KQO with x axis of CYGN-A.