Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6167686970717273747581 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

This is heaven. The static offsets are in. I have it so 351 offset enable bit overrides joystick for that beam, and that makes joysticking through the shows to see what's what extremely fun. At this point the system is not producing any distracting noise, glitches, or artifacts. Just gorgeous laser show content, virtually identical to the original. I'm going to finish the code so the joystick grouping options and the static offset group select functions are available through the push buttons, and then I think I'll call that V1.0 and get to some serious exploring of the shows. I can't believe it. The feel of performing a 6b laser show with the data is so much fun. I'll try to be back soon with some exciting video results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails static_offsets.jpg  

Way to go Greg!
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Was the order of colors in the joystick follow mode red, yellow, green, blue, or red green yellow blue, and is that clockwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Was the order of colors in the joystick follow mode red, yellow, green, blue, or red green yellow blue, and is that clockwise?
    Okay, I'm sure that question makes sense to you..., but who cares? You've become a laser god. You get to choose what works and what doesn't work - for you...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Okay, I'm sure that question makes sense to you..., but who cares? You've become a laser god. You get to choose what works and what doesn't work - for you...

Hear, hear, well spoken!

I'm not sure what followed what, but yellow and green were across from each other and red and blue were across from each other (180°). Other than that, I agree that it probably doesn't make all that much difference unless you are trying to match Laserium exactly. In that case, a careful examination of some video can probably answer your question. Would you like me to do that? I'd have to think about which number used the joysticking in follow mode and then find that in the archive (and hope the tape is good enough to differentiate the bright yellow and green.)

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

I agree, it's not important. I don't want you to spend time looking for that. What is important is finding out if there is any overlap between your videos and the existing catalog of show tapes. I'll send you a list of titles, and as your time permits, you could let me know if there are any matches.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    I'm not sure what followed what, but yellow and green were across from each other and red and blue were across from each other (180°). Other than that, I agree that it probably doesn't make all that much difference unless you are trying to match Laserium exactly. In that case, a careful examination of some video can probably answer your question. Would you like me to do that? I'd have to think about which number used the joysticking in follow mode and then find that in the archive (and hope the tape is good enough to differentiate the bright yellow and green.)

How about this Laserock2 number?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvk673tZx8w
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DoubleLife_1.jpg  

DoubleLife_2.jpg  

The images seem to have a different offset at low gain than at high gain.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    The images seem to have a different offset at low gain than at high gain.
    Good catch. I expect the input signals don't center exactly at 0.5, and a numerical asymmetry is introduced when the value is mapped from 0 to 1 into -1 to 1. Software calibration will fix.