Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Hmmm, the YT vid link is now blocked due to its copyrighted content, Greg. You are making exciting progress though!
    Yes, this will be an ongoing problem. Audio has been removed, it should be accessible now. Here are more numbers. Look what was done using 351 in Soul Kitchen.

part 11 Laserock Platinum Sartori In Tangier data only,no audio
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5pDYCJMqpg

Part 12 Laserock Platinum Synchronicity 1 by The Police data only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8wt3hvBrfg

Part 13 Laserock Platinum Soul Kitchen by X data only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgqvzyxxIzI

Part 14 Laserock Platinum School by Supertramp data only
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZXW_SCux0

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yes, this will be an ongoing problem. Audio has been removed, it should be accessible now. Here are more numbers. Look what was done using 351 in Soul Kitchen.
    Greg,

If it's any help, I have included a link to the Laserock Platinum PIN sheets below, which give details about lots of settings, scan-glass placements, effects, etc. Sorry to have to do this as a link. This forum does not allow attaching PDFs to submissions.

Go here:

https://www.myqnapcloud.com/smartsha...u0wv5x9e88h2fh

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    If it's any help, I have included a link to the Laserock Platinum PIN sheets below, which give details about lots of settings, scan-glass placements, effects, etc.
    Ron, Your use of understatement is making me laugh. This unprecedentedly remarkable and timely scroll from your ancient library answers many questions and provides many fascinating and useful insights. You have made a forensic laser show archaeologist very happy.

We've got the emulator. We've got the tape. We've got the notes. Let's rock!

Picking a page from the previous spectacular doccument release: Run Like Hell, because no show steps are used. It was a scan only number, so let's try to remake it. I remember watching this number performed many times, and it was a predominantly red diamond kqo kind of thing, which both the data and the page describing the number mostly agree with.

Something that doesn't quite add up for me is how effects were configured in the eight possible bus bit settings. For example, audio mod cycloid and triangle audio mod appear in the 351 data frame docs, but how did direct audio mod enter in to the signal stream?

See page 44 of this thread for photos of the audio mod board tests.

A more involved and more important uncertainty is the four A/B options FIXED CYCLOID, VARIABLE CYCLOID, SPIRAL/DIA., and INV. SPIRAL.

If my understanding is correct, the only difference between spirals and inverted spirals is the use of the inverted ramp on the spiral board to make ramp-reset slam the image big and then diminish rather than slam small and expand. So I see diamond spirals and inverted spirals, but then where were non-inverted spirals?

Again, if my understanding is correct, the fixed and variable cycloids, if to be modulated through the spiral board, had to be brought in through the diamond spiral or inverted spiral bus setting, and the spiral select switch was involved. I haven't yet located the previously posted information on what the spiral select positions were.

I guess the best answers lead to the most new questions. Looking at the Run Like Hell page shown, I'm wondering how the oscillator bank settings figured into this number. Was the CYGN-A/B output summed with the input or output of the spiral board? Or are the signals used somehow for colormod and / or aom operation. I can guess that MULTIPLEXING A/O was rapid switching between different frequencies, but if so, I don't know about that part of the system.

An interesting aside: a spin through the 351 data visualizer reveals that during Soul Kitchen, the bus settings are rapidly switched to create a double image temporally interlaced kind of effect. I have a couple of lines of code in mind that will allow the easy capture of this effect, so I'll be back with results from that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIN_page_RunLikeHell.jpg  

PIN_page_description.jpg  

simulator_views2.png  

simulator_views.png  

DirectAudioMod.jpg  

RunLikeHell_1.jpg  

RunLikeHell_2.jpg  

Picking a page from the previous spectacular doccument release: Run Like Hell, because no show steps are used. It was a scan only number, so let's try to remake it. I remember watching this number performed many times, and it was a predominantly red diamond kqo kind of thing, which both the data and the page describing the number mostly agree with.
    Greg,

As a guide, I've extracted a (bad) video of "Run Like Hell" from the archive for your performance reference. You can download it here:

https://media-archive.exploratorium....ring/2xbwohCZt

(I didn't want to pollute my YouTube collection with this, and they'd probably copyright it away anyway. It's only 17MB.)

Ron

You need to look at Laser Images' 351 data & signal path correctly. There were 2 bits to select what was on each bus and 4 bits to select the bus for the RYGB channels. So if you wanted spirals on RY and inverse spirals on GB you did that with the A/B bus select. Etc...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    So if you wanted spirals on RY and inverse spirals on GB you did that with the A/B bus select. Etc...
    That is all true. The visualizer and emulator software are fully and correctly making use of those eight bits. The uncertainty is in the Etc... part. Say I want spirals. The four RYGB bits are irrelevant because I have two bits each on A and B to choose an image source, and none of them listed in 6b-352_DATA-FORMAT.pdf is just spiral. There is Inv. Spirals, so OK, POKE 18, binary 00000001. That's inverse spirals. Where is Spirals? Was there a console switch involved?

Please would someone remind me what the options on the spiral select switch were? I'm not finding it readily in my archive.

Never mind. I was just confusing myself. it is in page 12 of 6b-ALIGNMENT_PROCEDURES.pdf. I see now, of course the bit is in the 351 frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPGN_alignment.jpg  

Please would someone remind me what the options on the spiral select switch were? I'm not finding it readily in my archive.
    1 CYGN-A Master
    2 CYGN-B Master
    3 KQO
    4 Danube Loops
    5 Danube Eights
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso