Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find twinkle lights from Disneyland?

Default Where to find twinkle lights from Disneyland?

I'm trying to find the twinkle lights that disneyland uses on their trees. I'm not sure if they are led or incandescent, but they are small. They dont twinkle like chirstmas lights, they are much slower and all twinkle individually. I'm guessing they are custom made but still trying to find them online.

Are the twinkle lights like firefly laser lights or similar to starfield projectors and when the wind blows on trees it causes them to twinkle a little bit.
    http://www.blisslights.com/store/pro...ght-green/1452

Thanks for the link, but they are actual strings of lights wrapped around the trunks of the trees.

They used to be incandescent. I'm not sure that they are now. I was drawn to them too awhile back. I think they are just a regular twinkle bulb with a C6 or C7 base. The glass was spherical though, not teardrop, like the C6 and C7 Christmas lights, although, those flashers behave the same. The rate of the larger twinkle bulbs are not the same at the mini lights. They will flash every 3~10 seconds. The duration and frequency will very from bulb to bulb too because the "interrupter" is temperature based.

These should behave the same: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Box-of-24-TW...item5d353f8cee
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Thanks, I'll look into those. Now disney uses mini lights and not the bigger c6 or c7s. Im going back in two weeks, I'll see if I can find any info on the lights themselves.
    Last edited by f150trk21; 11-25-2014 at 08:57.

The incandescent bulbs that Disney used in the trees are the 258 type. They are a G4.5 14volt flasher bulb in E10 base. The twinkling effect is the same as the flashing c7 bulbs, but since they are low voltage, they flash slower.
    I have heard that they had replaced these recently with LED, but I really liked the effect that the older incandescent bulbs had.
    Last edited by luxilid; 11-25-2014 at 09:59.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Goldmine has the flicker LEDs, but 99 cent per yellow or red LED is ouch...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

think i'll try the 258 bulbs, looks like I'll have to make my own stringer with e10 sockets, they just are not made. Thanks for the input guys.

thanks

According to post #139 on here Disney use Firefly lights:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/t...n.38563/page-7

Link to the lights here:

http://www.fireflymagic.com/fireflie...es_lights.html

One of the guys whose made a recommendation for these, says he's a regular Disney Visitor.

Can't verify any of this, but hope it at least points you in the right direction.

Dear FIREFLY MAGIC,

I just purchased my second set of Firefly Magic Lights and I really want to tell you how wonderful I think they are.

When I use to live in Anaheim, I was an annual pass holder at Disneyland and went every day for 5 years straight. I always rode Pirates of the Caribbean at least 3 times a day, but the attraction's "loading area" and Blue Bayou Restaurant were my favorite parts because of the relaxing fireflies.

Now, because I'm so familiar with the fireflies inside Pirates of the Caribbean (and Disneyland in general), I'm extremely picky over anything I purchase that would let me recreate the experience at home.

Last night I hung my first set of Firefly Magic Lights from my bedroom ceiling and as soon as I turned them on. . . WOW!!! I felt just like I was right back at Disneyland and the Pirates of the Caribbean bayou that I miss so much.

Firefly Magic Lights are indeed 100% accurate! ...or as Mary Poppins would say, "They're supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and practically perfect in every way."

I've tried the other firefly light sets with little fans attached but those are really cumbersome. Firefly Magic Lights are so well made they surpass any others on the market. And the 3 AA battery versions are absolutely brilliant and easy to use!

Thank you so much for making Firefly Magic Lights available to regular consumers. I'll definitely be back later to buy a third and fourth set. Not to mention spreading the word to all the Disneyland fans on the many online message boards!

Sincerely,
    Bruce Smith (Gresham, OR)

Thanks for the links Whitelight