Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: CYGN-B

low signal track 4 on both tapes, I assume no chance it's hardware. I wonder why that would be then. I heard digital something when played on a half track, but that could still count as almost nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Hi Ron,

I took a couple of shots when I did Laserium in 2013 - I’ll dig them up and send you a flash drive...
    Brian,

Would still love to get a collection of your images to include in the archive...

Ron

I found the Dog proms for:
    Billy Thorp
    Pink Floyd
    Police
    Rock 2
    Starship

IIR Starship had the Dogloids...

I'll put the hex files on a USB Stick with your digitized show tapes, the original tapes, the CYGNB stuff - and send it all your way...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Brian, It's great you have some roms. These "doglets" are little algorithmic gems. Of course it's the 1k roms I would find the most interesting. If it is possible to locate hardware that is needed for transfer for sale anywhere, I'd be happy to provide the $ to get it into your hands.

By the way, a part of the CYGN-B story that is still mysterious is information about the potentiometers. As well as range etc., I wonder, did they connect to edge pins on the card, a bus, or something else?
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Billy Thorpe? Did any of the other locations do that show (21st Century Man) other than San Francisco? We had Billy up here to intro the premier show! I still kinda like that album...

Ron

God I'm old, the only ones I did on that list were Rock 2 and starship...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

I'm out of the province for a few weeks, so my net access is intermittent. Just saw your post, Brian. That's very good news. Thrilled to hear you have that data to send. Really an unbelievable opportunity to restore and preserve some pieces of laser show history. The starship logo and much other good stuff is most likely in there.

Default A bad slide of the Starship logo

This is a bad rendition of the Starship logo. The only one in the archive. Just FYI.

Ron

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200139.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	56096

Thumbs up Analog Consoles FTW!

Man, we have *got* to get all you guys together in one room at SELEM next year! With the renewed interest in all things abstract I think it's time to plan another round-table discussion around analog effects...

Adam

That's a great slide, Ron. I remember that slide made an appearance in a talk in 2013 given by Ivan Dryer.

I have returned from travels, and now would greatly welcome any of the previously discussed materials, minus the tapes, which, Brian, I don't need given that you have transferred them to files. The tapes may be kept or forwarded to whomever you think should have them.

Brian, please let me know if you don't have my address.

Wondering if I have interpreted the info provided so far regarding the CGYN-B modulation signals correctly in this emulator output:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cycloid_test_1.png  

The AM signal osc 2 primary osc 3 AM source was about 20% of the total gain (in my mind's eye, but perhaps that's just how I played Song to the Sun and the there was a sawtooth aspect with the open loop scanners).

Sorry I haven't sent your package - normally I would just give it to our shipping guy an write the company a check to cover it, but an export becomes a whole conformance issue. I'll drop it by UPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That's a great slide, Ron. I remember that slide made an appearance in a talk in 2013 given by Ivan Dryer.

I have returned from travels, and now would greatly welcome any of the previously discussed materials, minus the tapes, which, Brian, I don't need given that you have transferred them to files. The tapes may be kept or forwarded to whomever you think should have them.

Brian, please let me know if you don't have my address.

Wondering if I have interpreted the info provided so far regarding the CGYN-B modulation signals correctly in this emulator output: