Thread: WTB: Affordable FB3's For School Club

Default BUYING: Affordable FB3's For School Club

Hey Everyone! I am looking to buy 2 used FB3's for an educational project at my high school.

My school is quite student oriented so I decided to create a laser light show club where I teach other students about show production, laser safety, and logistics. My goal is to help spread the hobby by giving people the chance to interact with equipment and create shows for free. We would mostly just explore the hobby and work on a few shows for the school. Since nothing is for profit we are on an extremely tight budget. I already have several people interested in show production and I think the best way to organize the effort is to have several FB3's that can be lent out to students along with Quickshow. (Out of concern for safety, all laser projection would take place supervised by me at school and in conjunction with a variance. The FB3's would mainly be used to keep the licenses active and for monitoring refresh rates.)

I am wondering if anyone has some Quickshow FB3's they would be willing to let go of for no more than $250 each. It's fine if they have a few scratches as long as they work like new. I know the price is low but I think this is a valuable opportunity.

Thanks,

-Connor
    Last edited by Glrock; 09-12-2019 at 06:37.

BUMP:

Now willing to pay $300

I'm also willing to buy only one if you don't have two on hand. Feel free to send me a PM.

Thumbs up

This can be an other and cheaper solution for your educational project :

https://innolasers.com/shop/index.ph...roller=product

Have you reached out to pangolin to see if they have an educational discount. Also if projection is only done at the school does the demo version of QS allow you save? If so you would only need one hardware box.
    leading in trailing technology

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I am actually quite interested in LSX for abstract show production but I’m not sure if it’s the right fit for people who have never used lasers before. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like it’s a little less intuitive and less graphic oriented.

And regarding Pangolin, I have asked about educational discounts in the past but they don’t seem to offer them. I think it’s a bit of a missed opportunity personally.

Default BUMP

Still looking to buy them.

Now willing to pay $325. I really can’t go any higher. Thanks for understanding.