Thread: CRC laser handbook supplemental 2

Default CRC laser handbook supplemental 2

Does anyone know what is in the CRC laser supplemental 2? Do any of these CRC handbooks contain the SILEX process? I believe it is a copper vapor laser that excites a highly tunable dye laser? How do they keep the copper vapor from coating on the glass tube and shorting it out? I would think there would be other lasers that could output the same frequencies as copper vapor without the major hassles that vaporized copper would cause?

I finally found a new job doing instruments and controls work so have been busy with that and the electronics PE exam prep as well as flying the pitts but as winter sets in and I have real income and a reimbursement account I am looking at getting a PDF set of the ISA instruments and controls 3 volume set, I am frankly tired of having massive reference manuals like that. Collectable books that are hard to find are fun but I dont know if the ISA books are that.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You have SILEX mixed up with AVLIS..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

CRC books are lists of wavelengths sorted by the lasing material, the excited state, and then a citation of the relevant journal references where research was published. . If you don't have academic or professional access to academic journals they are nice paperweights. In a few cases they give relevant lasing conditions, but not enough data to build anything. They give you a start at where to look and nothing more.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I do have access to the university library system which I would pursume would include papers. Its just a hassle as I have to drive down. I may look into figuring out how to get access online