Thread: Newbe says hello, and thanks.

Default Newbe says hello, and thanks.

Hello, my name is Bill and i am a laser addict. First i want to say thanks to Spec for starting this forum,and thanks to everyone who has ever made a post. I stumbled around the internet for about 6 months before i found this forum,whin about 5 days i was confident i could do what most of you people were doing, build a RGB laser projector.I have a case about built,optical breadboards built, and a set of flexure mirror mounts about finished.I have been saving for about a year and am ready to purchase the major components.
    I have been looking at the SELEM thread for a while but my daughter has been with child so i didn't think there was much chance i could attend,but yesterday she gave birth to a 6lb. 8oz. healthy baby boy ,my first grandson, so i know its late but can a newbe come to SELEM?

this looks like a great educational oppertunity for a newbie to gather all the information he needs to build his own projector, especially the galvo tunning seminar. can i come?

thanks bill

Thumbs up

Greetings bill! Welcome aboard. Laser addict... Never heard of one before.

I don't think there will be any problem with you attending SELEM. I'd give buffo a PM just to clarify all the details. I'm not sure I would call it educational... It's just going to be a big geekfest.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi Bill, And Welcome to PL! Good friendly knowledgeable people Here.
    The more the merrier at SELEM, I'm sure there's no problem, but like Allthat said, let Buffo (Adam) know 1st. He's coordinating the whole thing.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Hello Bill, congradulations on your first grandson! Regarding SELEM, you would be very much welcome to attend. We have plenty of experienced folks that will be there and I'm sure they would all be happy to help you on your way, plus, if you lucky enough, you may win some of the parts needed for your projector since we will have tons of door prizes. I also made a suggestion to Buffo the other day that maybe we should give out the door prizes early on saturday so that whoever wins what can spend some time learning how to use it at SELEM. We all look forward to seeing you there!

David

Welcome, Bill... and congratulations from NY on the birth of your grandson!

Haha... your first sentence started out like a Laserholics Anonymous meeting... "Hello, my name is Bill and I am a laser addict. It's been 30 minutes since I was last coherent...".

Great bunch of people here. Enjoy!
    Alas, poor diode. I fried him well.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by whitcher88
    i know its late but can a newbe come to SELEM?
    Hi Bill;

HELL YEAH YOU CAN COME! We welcome newbies and pro's alike. (I already replied to your post in the SELEM 2007 thread, btw.) Glad to see you found us here at Photonlexicon. Hope you like the place.
    this looks like a great educational oppertunity for a newbie to gather all the information he needs to build his own projector, especially the galvo tunning seminar.
    SELEM will be all that and more. We'll also have some very nice lasers on display, and plenty of shows to watch. Pangolin will be there with some hardware to display, and we'll have door prizes and T-shirts too! So it's a geek-a-thon, a laser show, a training class, a trade show, and a social event all in one.

Adam