Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help to make animation?

Default Help to make animation?

A friend of mine is playing in a band, and i want to suprise him setting up some lasers for their upcomming yearly liveconsert. They have a bandlogo with this dude walking. I really would like to animate this figure and make it look like he is actually walking, tap his feet to the rythm etc. Have been trying using QuickTime and the frame editor, but i realise this is not my strongest side.

So - are there anybody here capable and willing to look into the matter? Format could be anything that QuickTime or Beyond can use. When using Quick Trace, I see that the que in OK quality will contain about 350 points.
    This is actually the first time i ask for help through PL during my years here.

I put up the jpg with the Logo. Is i can`t attach the QT Cue with the animation so far, i can send it by mail or PM. You might PM me if there are any questions you want to ask in private.

And the band name? Svigermors Drøm. "Mother in law`s dream"

Espen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails svigerdude.jpg  

__________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Draw the walk on paper then trace in beyond. Make the hair length move a bit so it looks organic. Head should move to with arms. Foot tap could be simple two frames but I’d move the head back as the foot comes down and make the hair track.

its going take work but you can do it just work slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    A friend of mine is playing in a band, and i want to suprise him setting up some lasers for their upcomming yearly liveconsert. They have a bandlogo with this dude walking. I really would like to animate this figure and make it look like he is actually walking, tap his feet to the rythm etc. Have been trying using QuickTime and the frame editor, but i realise this is not my strongest side.

So - are there anybody here capable and willing to look into the matter? Format could be anything that QuickTime or Beyond can use. When using Quick Trace, I see that the que in OK quality will contain about 350 points.
    This is actually the first time i ask for help through PL during my years here.

I put up the jpg with the Logo. Is i can`t attach the QT Cue with the animation so far, i can send it by mail or PM. You might PM me if there are any questions you want to ask in private.

And the band name? Svigermors Drøm. "Mother in law`s dream"

Espen

Love the dude. What is the latest you would need it? I might take a crack at it...

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Love the dude. What is the latest you would need it? I might take a crack at it...
    The gig are this weekend. But I still would love if you could have a go. It would be used at a later show then. Feel free to do whatever you like and choose. Anything goes in the rock & roll world.

Sorry for the late response. Been busy at work as usual.

Espen

Just got to love lasers!

The gig are this weekend. But I still would love if you could have a go. It would be used at a later show then. Feel free to do whatever you like and choose. Anything goes in the rock & roll world.

Sorry for the late response. Been busy at work as usual.

Espen
    Thanks Espen. So, for sure I can't swing miracles for this weekend, but be patient and I'll give 'er a go, eh?

Thanks Espen. So, for sure I can't swing miracles for this weekend, but be patient and I'll give 'er a go, eh?
    No miracle expected.

Just got to love lasers!

No miracle expected.
    Datsurb,

Just wanted to give you an update. I've completed the artwork for an 8 cell animation of the dude walking. Next I'll digitize these 8 frames using my old Apple IIe system to see how it plays on my ILDA compliant laser projector and make tweaks as needed. Then I'll need to make it into an ILDA frame animation using QuickShow.

Stay tuned for "the Mother-In-Law's dream dude"...

Datsurb,

Just wanted to give you an update. I've completed the artwork for an 8 cell animation of the dude walking. Next I'll digitize these 8 frames using my old Apple IIe system to see how it plays on my ILDA compliant laser projector and make tweaks as needed. Then I'll need to make it into an ILDA frame animation using QuickShow.

Stay tuned for "the Mother-In-Law's dream dude"...
    That’s amazing. Didn’t know there were any AppleII still alive and kicking out there. Looking forward too see the result.

thanks for bothering.

Espen

Just got to love lasers!

That’s amazing. Didn’t know there were any AppleII still alive and kicking out there. Looking forward too see the result.

thanks for bothering.

Espen
    Yep, the ol' IIe still struts its stuff. I just finished digitizing the 8 trial frames of "dude" and made a quickie animation sequence. I'll do a video later today and post the youtube link here.

I realized a few evenings ago it should be pretty simple for me to write an ILDA bitmap translator to go from my custom Apple II image format to an .ILD file. I must admit, this has been fun.

I hope it is usable for you. I kinda gave him some attitude in his gate. Here is the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/9HwpPFmjBP0

I'm open to any feedback.

I'm happy to change or add colors if you have any preferences but I can provide 7 choices, Red, Grn, Blue, Yel, Cya, Vio and Wht.
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 11-30-2019 at 16:20. Reason: Added web link

I hope it is usable for you. I kinda gave him some attitude in his gate. Here is the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/9HwpPFmjBP0

I'm open to any feedback.

I'm happy to change or add colors if you have any preferences but I can provide 7 choices, Red, Grn, Blue, Yel, Cya, Vio and Wht.
    The drawing and line work is beautiful. What scanspeed are you using? It looks rather good compared to the traced image when using QT or Beyond. It might also be the video itself, but when using my phone filming the image with the scanners set to 30k it slickers more than I like it to do. My main Projectors have 30K scanners and I don’t want to drive them to hard.

As for the colors, don’t think to much about it. That I can fix myself. It is the animation that I really suck on doing.

if there are only one small detail I might want to suggest can be done to make the anim a little better, it would be to make it a little more smooth between first and last drawing in the animation. It seems like he have gotten a serious limp, but that might be the case since he have just started walking.

ekeefe made me an anim gif that I traced in QS, and despite the flicker it cane out quite nice. A little different style than your version.

Big thanks to you for doing this. Looking forward to see the final result.

Espen

Just got to love lasers!