Thread: Laser Grafiti - Transamerica Pyramid

Default Laser Grafiti - Transamerica Pyramid

Can anyone confirm the story about this picture.

I believe some dude scanned an image of an eye, a scarab, and a dollar sign on the top of the Pyramid one night in SF.
    His neighbors complained about the noise which lead to the police visit which lead to the shut down of the artists display.
    Pictures of it made the paper and that started the real problems...
    I believe he got sued for trademark infringement and had to pay a fine.

I have not been able to find any mention of this on the internet.
    it's as if it NEVER HAPPENED ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Illuminati.jpg  

Do you know when it supposedly happened? The photo you posted looks old; if this was something that happened long ago it may not have been deemed newsworthy - especially if it was quickly shut down.

Then too, even if it did make the papers, if it happened before the explosion of the world wide web it's going to be very difficult to find on-line records of news events from that era. (Might have to go to the library and search the archives, assuming that it did make it into the newspaper.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by chuckthedude View Post
    Can anyone confirm the story about this picture.

I believe some dude scanned an image of an eye, a scarab, and a dollar sign on the top of the Pyramid one night in SF.
    His neighbors complained about the noise which lead to the police visit which lead to the shut down of the artists display.
    Pictures of it made the paper and that started the real problems...
    I believe he got sued for trademark infringement and had to pay a fine.

I have not been able to find any mention of this on the internet.
    it's as if it NEVER HAPPENED ....
    Smells like a fed looking for someone to earn his pay for him.

Look at the angle of projection. That looks like a fake to me. Isn’t that like one of the tallest buildings. How did they project at that angle? Oh and it’s on Windows so where is the back reflection....and what is the ufo in the top of the picture. And the other one on the left being hit by lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Look at the angle of projection. That looks like a fake to me. Isn’t that like one of the tallest buildings. How did they project at that angle? Oh and it’s on Windows so where is the back reflection....and what is the ufo in the top of the picture. And the other one on the left being hit by lightning.
    The angles in the image look consistent with the perspective and foreshortening effects you'd expect from an image of a long-distance laser projection. You lose a lot of perspective in a photograph versus seeing it in real life. That doesn't mean it isn't fake, but I don't see anything in the photo to make me think that it is.