Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spaghetti Laser Show news

What motivated you to do the conversion?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    What motivated you to do the conversion?
    Various reasons. C# was a fine choice for what Spaghetti was originally intended to be but C++ is a more natural fit for dealing with several of the libraries I use.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Spaghetti Laser Show news has been quiet so I thought I would give an update.

I have added the ability to save the output from the Vision (web came to laser) feature to an ILDA file.
    Updated Spaghetti to automatically detect and offer to install new versions without having to download it yourself.
    Added Release Notes so that you can see what has changed.
    Lots of bug fixes and cleanup that was never ported from C# version.

I am currently adding APC40 support to the Interactive Desk mode.

Currently, anyone with a license is able to get these new features for free but I am considering changing the pricing model. Currently Spaghetti only costs $89 so probably has the most features to cost of any laser show software on the market.
    Thanks for the updates!

I do own a copy of Spaghetti and I would not mind having to pay for an upgrade. While free updates for life is nice, writing and maintaining software is a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Thanks for the updates!

I do own a copy of Spaghetti and I would not mind having to pay for an upgrade. While free updates for life is nice, writing and maintaining software is a lot of work.
    You have always been very supportive and I appreciate that. In fact, I believe you are the first person who paid anything, back when it was donate-ware. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Yes, it has been for many years now. It took well over a year to do the conversion which burnt me out a bit. That is why it may have seemed to be stagnant for some time.
    I've been studying plain C for the last couple months, and it seemed like a mission to Mars to write a couple wave apps.