Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Laser Show news

Default Spaghetti Laser Show news

It has been a long time since I posted anything about the software I wrote called Spaghetti Laser Show. A couple things I would like to mention are:
    1) I added IDN support recently with the help of Dirk. It seems to work pretty well.
    2) I finally updated the demo version from the ancient C# version to the C++ version. In this version you can try out stuff like:
    • Vision feature - video to laser (webcam or by capture image on desktop)
    • Draw feature - draw your own art
    • Interactive feature - aimed at live control - still under development
    • Project - create timeline based shows
    • Show / Playlist - play back single or multiple shows

http://www.spaghettilasershow.com

Spaghetti Laser Show news has been quiet so I thought I would give an update.

I have added the ability to save the output from the Vision (web came to laser) feature to an ILDA file.
    Updated Spaghetti to automatically detect and offer to install new versions without having to download it yourself.
    Added Release Notes so that you can see what has changed.
    Lots of bug fixes and cleanup that was never ported from C# version.

I am currently adding APC40 support to the Interactive Desk mode.

Currently, anyone with a license is able to get these new features for free but I am considering changing the pricing model. Currently Spaghetti only costs $89 so probably has the most features to cost of any laser show software on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Currently Spaghetti only costs $89 so probably has the most features to cost of any laser show software on the market.
    Really?
    What's x/0?
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Really?
    What's x/0?
    it's hard to classify Laserboy as "laser show software" since it can't output to laser.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    it's hard to classify Laserboy as "laser show software" since it can't output to laser.
    It's technically not "on the market" either. But that doesn't make it any less useful or well known.

That's kind of a ridiculous statement really.

I suppose by that logic LaserBoy turns any multi-channel wave playing application into "laser show software".
    Last edited by james; 12-08-2020 at 08:25.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

It's technically not "on the market" either. But that doesn't make it any less useful or well known.

That's kind of a ridiculous statement really.

I suppose by that logic LaserBoy turns any multi-channel wave playing application into "laser show software".
    LaserBoy is useful but in the context of this thread it is irrelevant.

I totally agree. I just saw you offered an analysis of x/y and thought about what if y is zero?

There are actually several laser related utilities that are $0.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I totally agree. I just saw you offered an analysis of x/y and thought about what if y is zero?

There are actually several laser related utilities that are $0.
    Spaghetti does not do everything and is not as good at some things as other applications but it is far from just a "laser related utility".

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Is Spaghetti all C++ now?
    Yes, it has been for many years now. It took well over a year to do the conversion which burnt me out a bit. That is why it may have seemed to be stagnant for some time.