Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaserCube

There isn’t detailed geo-correction like pincushion or keystone available as of v0.9.23 Beta. I’m not sure I have the latest beta version though. A picture of the image settings screen is attached below.

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LaserDock Settings.jpg  

Last edited by dkumpula; 11-21-2019 at 12:36.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Thanks David.
    Mine had the size and position but not the swivel and tilt. Or rather, it did have in the very early versions, then didn't when they released the multi-app version.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Thanks David.
    Mine had the size and position but not the swivel and tilt. Or rather, it did have in the very early versions, then didn't when they released the multi-app version.
    Sure thing! Swivel and tilt appear to simply rotate the frame on the X and Y axis. At first glance, it appears to be the same effect as adjusting Size X and Size Y. That can't be what they intended. Maybe it affects frames with a Z-axis component? In either case, it doesn't help with keystone.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Sure thing! Swivel and tilt appear to simply rotate the frame on the X and Y axis. At first glance, it appears to be the same effect as adjusting Size X and Size Y. That can't be what they intended. Maybe it affects frames with a Z-axis component? In either case, it doesn't help with keystone.

-David
    Maybe your version is buggy because swivel IS vertical keystone correction and tilt is horizontal.
    It works -- I just tried it with the latest version 0.9.28.

I usually grab the latest from the reddit forum.

~bill

@David AKA dkumpula.
    Again, I'd sacrifice overall power to get better color balance and beam quality. Swapping out that multimode blue for a single mode that does ~250mw would make for an excellent balance in my opinion.
    Hi David, I'd like to do this for 2 main reasons ==>
    1/ Safety issues, total overall power output would be less dangerous.
    2/ Color Balance.

Question, can you suggest one please, brand, name, etc, also (maybe a stupid question), do I need to pay attention to the voltage?

Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by GI30065
    Safety issues, total overall power output would be less dangerous.
    This is a rather simplistic view of safety.
    The single mode diode could actually be more dangerous if its got a higher power density and can fit it within the size of the pupil its hitting.
    A multimode may have a much larger spot and therefore a good chunk of it's power may simply not enter the eye.
    The irradiance on the pupil is the important part, not the outright power of the laser.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by wlan View Post
    Maybe your version is buggy because swivel IS vertical keystone correction and tilt is horizontal.
    It works -- I just tried it with the latest version 0.9.28.

I usually grab the latest from the reddit forum.
    Thanks, Bill. Will do!

Regarding upgrading the Lasercube, that would be a pain in the @ss as it is integrated together quite tightly. Norty is spot-on regarding the possibility for increasing the danger by going single-mode anyhow. The Lasercube's LaserOS software and other software packages such as Beyond/Quickshow/LSX/Phoenix allow you to set Beam Attenuation Mapping (BAM) zones or sometimes known as 'safety zones'. This functionality allows you to decrease the power so that if the laser passes through an audience, it *can* be eye-safe.

Determining safe levels when crowd scanning requires a lot of measurement and math, so the safest course of action if you don't know what you are doing is to not project into a crowd at all and monitor closely to ensure that it stays safe. The Lasercube is mostly meant for graphics anyhow as it is a lower power laser, so I don't know why you'd be doing beams in most cases. If you did want to do so in a small (home) environment, you can project well over the heads of your audience in accordance with any local safety regulations.

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 11-25-2019 at 04:48.