Thread: Just a quick Howdy!!

Default Just a quick Howdy!!

New guy here, and just wanted to say hello from Middle Tennessee! I'm a Techno/EDM/Electronica music composer who is new to the laser scene and trying to learn some things for my stage show. I was intrigued by the thread on using GITD paint with lasers. That's way beyond anything I would have ever thought of. As I said, I'm here to learn, and hopefully y'all will see fit to put up with my ignorant questions.

Happy holidays everyone!
    Last edited by Egore; 12-19-2019 at 16:41.

Howdy!

Welcome aboard + ask away. No such thing as an ignorant question.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by Egore View Post
    . As I said, I'm here to learn, and hopefully y'all will see fit to put up with my ignorant questions.
    Welcome!! That's how I got started here 4 or 5 years ago. Now I have four lasers, a hi-end audio system, and a complete VR rig in my basement.

Thanks for the welcome guys! Hopefully I'll be able to post up some video of my lighting rig later today and you can see what I'm running...

Welcome to PhotonLexicon, Egore!

I'm sure you have lots of questions. As Briggsy said, ask away! You'll find lots of support here. You may even be able to link up with some members who are in your area to compare notes with and learn more about lasers. I know we've got a few folks in Tennessee (Knoxville, Cookville, and Nashville for sure).

And if you haven't already heard about it, have a look in the meet-and-greet sub-forums and read up on something called "SELEM", also known as the South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting. Trust me on this: you're going to want to attend this in August of next year.

Adam

Thanks Buffo! If I'm not on the road for work I might end up going!

- - - Updated - - -