Thread: A show with 320 laser projectors

Default A show with 320 laser projectors

A buddy of mine found this on Reddit and sent me the video link:

Warning: this video might bring on a seizure!

320 projectors... Jesus! It's just crazy to see so many beams in once space. The cost had to be through the roof! I honestly think it's way, way too much, but I have to give them credit just for the spectacle. (Makes me wonder how they controlled it all; I'm guessing that they used *lots* of splitters, as having a controller for each projector would be a nightmare to configure.)

I was concerned about the crowd-scanning though; doing this in the USA would be really tough.

Adam

it's crazy !!
    I can't imagine what a nightmare it must have been to program them

Around 1:30 it looks like the color gradients move from projector to projector suggesting they had individual control. Anybody know what projectors?

As posted by Tom Vallis on facebook.com/groups/Laserist/

The video really doesn’t do the gig justice really. It was 4 days of shows all live operated except for a 4 minute timecoded intro. Using 10x active Beyond Ultimate Systems with 2 spare servers. For a total of 304 FB4s and then 16 diffraction units.

Design and Programming by Arf and Yes. Supplied by ER Productions. System design by myself.

That's awesome to see and an amazing effort, but I agree, it's a bit too much, I don't know who coined the term "laser soup".. but the one thing I really liked was the revolving gradient effect:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 8.28.12 AM.png  

Default O.O

Ho.
    Ly.
    Fuck.

That was sick.

Default Впечатляет! Impressive!

Ну, если ребята использовали 2B, то терпимо! Основной массив был выше, я надеюсь каждому на входе выдавали очки! Не одел, сам виноват!)
    If the guys used type 2B, then bearable! The main array was higher, I hope everyone was given points at the entrance! Not dressed, it`s my fault!)