Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parallell Wiring Of ILDA RGB ?

Smile Parallell Wiring Of ILDA RGB ?

Hi Quick question !

I have Quickshow with FB3, 1 x 532n 1200mw 40k System & 1 x RGB 1200mw 40 K System, I want to run both these units off of the FB3, Is it possible to parallell wire the R,G,B Output connectors on the ILDA board ? i.e. connect my modulation + to the R+,G+,B+ and my - to the R-,G-,B- ?? so if this worked it would allow me to output a full colour show from quickshow to the RGB System and the Green System would display the full image and not blackout on all colours other than green ?

Depends how your green only projector responds to an RGB signal. You can parallel wire two projectors, sure.

If your green only projector only responds to the G channel, then you can create a 4 colour palette, have standard RGB on the first 3 and set channel 4 to all 3 colours. Then just wire the 4th channel to your G channel of the green only projector.

Actually... parallel wire independently, not bridging the RGB channels. This will cause problems for you RGB projector as the colour signals would be merged. Better to parallel wire independently as standard.

Use my 4 channel colour palette suggestion.

Just wire your green projector to the intensity line...
    pin 3+ pin 16-

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Just wire your green projector to the intensity line...
    pin 3+ pin 16-
    Hey Slick, can you confirm if the intensity channel is analogue or TTL on the FB3?

Afaik, the intensity is ttl
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool, thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll go with using the intensity channel to control my green laser (its TTL mod anyway) so this should work just fine,

Out of interest though, taggaluci could you explain further your 4ch colour pallette suggestion, cant get my head around what you mean ?

Well the 4th channel option is only really useful if your single-colour laser is analogue modulated. But...

As you can't electrically bridge R, G and B to provide a summed signal to a single-colour laser without affecting the RGB laser (which would lose it's independent colour control if you did), what you can do is sum the RGB in software and provide that to the 4th colour channel on your DAC (provided your DAC supports more than 3 colour channels and your software supports custom colour palettes, which I believe QS2 and the FB3-QS do).

So you create a custom palette and run red only to the R channel, green only to G, blue only to B, but on the 4th channel, you adjust the parameters in the palette control to send red, green and blue to it (effectively the sum of all 3 colours). This way, regardless of whether your show is showing a red only component or a blue only component, your RGB will display the correct colour, and your green laser will also project at the same time.

But as your green is TTL, this is a completely pointless thing to do and the intensity channel is designed specifically for this purpose.

Ah is see now ! thanks for the explanation !

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    As you can't electrically bridge R, G and B to provide a summed signal to a single-colour laser without affecting the RGB laser (which would lose it's independent colour control if you did)
    maybe a stupid queation, but can't we electrically bridge R, G and B inside the single colour projector using diodes, thus not affecting the rgb laser?
    "its called character briggs..."