Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DPSS YVO4 Power Question.

Default DPSS YVO4 Power Question.

Hi, I know it's very slow in these parts of the photonic wonderland, but does anyone know how much end pump power a 4 x 4 x 10 mm YVO4 crystal might be capable of if pumped using a FAP800? I have a crystal taken out of a Z-Fold cavity which was designed to be pumped into each end and want to use it without the Z fold and pump from only one end straight through it and into a KTP crystal.

If someone can respond, I'd be happy to wait a very long time for your opinion so if you know and find this post weeks or months after I have asked, please respond anyway as I will get email notification if someone does.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Hi, I know it's very slow in these parts of the photonic wonderland, but does anyone know how much end pump power a 4 x 4 x 10 mm YVO4 crystal might be capable of if pumped using a FAP800? I have a crystal taken out of a Z-Fold cavity which was designed to be pumped into each end and want to use it without the Z fold and pump from one end.

If someone can respond, I'd be happy to wait a very long time for your opinion so if you know and find this posts weeks or months after I have asked, please respond.
    5-10w 532. We have two of those in a coherent laser and that’s what it produces.

Up to 10 watts at 532 from the KTP? FAST response.

That’s what our Verdi does. It all about heat removal

Hey Mark;

Do you know how much IR pump is being applied to that vanadate crystal?

I know that KTP efficiency usually runs from 40-70%, so if you're getting 10 watts of green you're probably producing 15-25 watts of 1064 out of the vanadate, but I'm curious as to how much 808nm pump power you need to get that output...

Adam

Ditto that! Thanks so much, your direct experience is a great help.

Chris

ok so the fap800 spec says its 30W and we have two driving the rod so 60W 808nm gives about 10W 532. Not sure what the 1064 output is but I do know the final crystal to double if LBO not KTP because I have to tune the oven for it. >I will guess the 1064 output is around 20-15W. 60W->20W->10W ABSOLUTE GUESS on 1064.

Great info, appreciate that. I guess they are using an LBO crystal due to pulsing the output to high peak powers? I know they will take more peak power than a KTP, but are not nearly as efficient for SHG.

No idea I just know it works

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I've hit 52-55% MEASURED conversion to 532 using BBO on a brand new flashlamp pumped Q-switched yag at 10 Hz 7 nSec. KTP in the same system would die a horrible death due to self adsorption. Best I've ever seen on KTP was 60% when pulsed.

Much depends on the cavity design and pulse width, ie the energy density at the crystal. A 800 series KTP 532 doing 35 watts Qswitched will only do less then 10 CW. Simply because the peak power is far lower when the intracavity energy is not bunched together.

Steve

- - - Updated -
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...