Thread: Info On RealFiction POP10 Holographic Display

Default Info On RealFiction POP10 Holographic Display

First post here and honestly I signed up because I don't know who else to ask about this thing.

Long story short, I work for an ad agency and the client wanted a Realfiction Dreamoc Pop10 for a point of sale display. We bought the display for them but it was never used and they abandoned this thing in my office, brand new, in the box. I do know its a few years old and I know what it does but is it worth anything to anyone, or should I pitch it?

I can't find much on it online, loads of stuff for the newer Pop3 but not much for the 10.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dreamoc1.jpeg  

453743989_1280x720.jpg  

pop10h4.jpeg  

That display has nothing to do with holography, does not include a hologram, does not produce a hologram, and is not "holographic". Throw it in the trash. It's garbage.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

It was abandoned in your office because the "Pepper's Ghost" methodology is pretty lame. Give it to a science teacher to teach about Fresnel Reflection, illusions, and Partial Reflectors. The client took one look at it and abandoned the idea, after they realised they had been had by good marketing selling century old, viewing angle limited, techology.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Ahh, I love pepper’s ghost illusions. They’re not holograms, but they’re in use in major theme parks (like Disney) and touring virtual acts.

I’m working on an art piece involving peppers ghost and lasers that is shaping up really nicely.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    Ahh, I love pepper’s ghost illusions. They’re not holograms, but they’re in use in major theme parks (like Disney) and touring virtual acts.

I’m working on an art piece involving peppers ghost and lasers that is shaping up really nicely.
    No argument that it works very well in carefully set up situations such as Disney. It just doesn't do well in brightly lit malls and stores... Oh Wait, do even malls exist any more?
    Only one around here is surviving.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...