Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st programmed LaserShow

Quote Originally Posted by Glrock View Post
    Agreed. They can be a pain, but a good show really is something else.

And great work on your first show. I will warn you, it's a slippery slope once you start creating your own content. But it's a fun one. Always great to see new laserists producing new work. You asked for some feedback and I noticed a few things you could try. Perhaps consider working on your color grading a little. Perhaps try using some more smooth gradients instead of sudden changes or discrete colors. Don't be afraid of using white and black. It can be cool to have brightness variation in the show. Just really play around with color combinations to find a style you like. One other suggestion would be to use less hot beam effects and more cones, "laser tunnels" that face directly towards the camera. You can then apply interesting color effects to that cone. This show is a good example.

Not trying to be critical at all and this is great for your first show. Mine sucked
    Thanks a lot for all of your advices! Of course I’ll play with some cones, colors etc. (you can try my next project on this forum, because I tried a little already). Also thank you for this great example on YouTube - it is very inspiring! I will do my best in the next projects.

Wish you best,
    jarek

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Jarecky

I can't wait to see what you do in the future. Very good expression of the music! I enjoyed that very much. Your synchronization is near perfect for a first run.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Jarecky

I can't wait to see what you do in the future. Very good expression of the music! I enjoyed that very much. Your synchronization is near perfect for a first run.

Steve
    Steve,

It’s really nice to read this, thank you! I have posted another project on this forum (in the same section as this). Of course you can subscribe my channel on YouTube for further projects.

take care,
    Jarek

Nice show and a nice testament to what LaserShowGen can do for the money.

I am a pre-newb, don't have a projector yet, and have just started reading up on this stuff.

How do you sync music and show start? I assume you are not trying to click "go" in 2 apps at the same time. Does the LaserCube software let you load a show and a music track and sync playback? Or is there some other toolchain to accomplish this?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseflesh View Post
    Nice show and a nice testament to what LaserShowGen can do for the money.

I am a pre-newb, don't have a projector yet, and have just started reading up on this stuff.

How do you sync music and show start? I assume you are not trying to click "go" in 2 apps at the same time. Does the LaserCube software let you load a show and a music track and sync playback? Or is there some other toolchain to accomplish this?
    Hi!

You're right, its not trying to click "go" in 2 apps at the same time - its just "timeline" feature in LaserShow Gen, what means that you have there audio file (which is seen via waveform) and below you have place, where you can create and add animations/frames for you laser. You can see what is happening in the song in which place (1. you see it on the waveform, 2. you hear it).

Actually couple of my shows are available in LaserOS (LaserCube software), so you can just connect your laser and then click play

Thanks for that confirmation @jarecky. It makes sense media playback would happen in whatever app drives the timeline--I just didn't want to make any assumptions.

Let us know how you like your LaserCube. I am very interested in a hobby projector so of course it's on the list.

Thanks for that confirmation @jarecky. It makes sense media playback would happen in whatever app drives the timeline--I just didn't want to make any assumptions.

Let us know how you like your LaserCube. I am very interested in a hobby projector so of course it's on the list.
    No problem!

I’m really enjoying my Lasercubes (I have three actually) and they make a lot of work form me. From little home parties to LaserShow videos, with engraving functions. Really nice and right now you have special offer for 1W version (399€).

Here are some of my movies with three in action:

https://youtu.be/GhXl3DPtKKU

https://youtu.be/5w0d4CT-K6k

And 1W in action:

https://youtu.be/fjplRCgURQs

Wow, nice work on those shows! That's making the LaserCube look pretty tasty.

Wow, nice work on those shows! That's making the LaserCube look pretty tasty.
    Thank you my friend! And Yes, in my opinion it’s really nice little beast 😁