Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Meet - what a great day!

i got 160 photos and 30mins (3g) of video, ill be sending out dvds to who ever wants them. so if people wana send me there photos ill put them onto thr dvd
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy, shoot me a PM if you want....

But if your connection is up to it, you can FTP the images to my server and I can just batch add them to the gallery system.

As for the videos, if you can compress them into DIVX (or send the raw files and I’ll do it) you can upload them too and I can stick them up for everyone to download.

If everyone likes the concept of having this as an annual event think I can reg a domain and setup a site with a gallery dedicated to the UK LEM`s + video section + ILDA file section?

Beautiful images by the way.

Thanks,
    Regards,

Aidan

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
    Andy, shoot me a PM if you want....

But if your connection is up to it, you can FTP the images to my server and I can just batch add them to the gallery system.

As for the videos, if you can compress them into DIVX (or send the raw files and I’ll do it) you can upload them too and I can stick them up for everyone to download.

If everyone likes the concept of having this as an annual event think I can reg a domain and setup a site with a gallery dedicated to the UK LEM`s + video section + ILDA file section?

Beautiful images by the way.

Thanks,
    yeah if you put them on the ilda file share place i can take them from there. just let me know where you put them. i can put mine there and you can add them to the gallery.

well i will be posting some video just not all 3gb worth LOL. ill be making a dvd of the day, including all photos and all video. ill just send one out to who ever wants one.

i dont know how everyone else feels, but a year is a long wait

id be up for it every 6 months???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Well where do I start,

Last night whilst asleep i had "laser deams" or it may be the after images still burnt into my eyeballs ...

Wasnt it fantastic..

a really enjoyable day,

Big thankyou to Mark (fluff) for getting us such a wonderful venue, putting in the time and effort to make this happen, and also taking me on a tour of the pubs the night before. Cheers mate

thanks to Bill from Pangolin for the shirts and supporting us laser geeks. and to Paul for getting them to the venue.

Thanks to Kevin Todd from Lynx laser & WoW multimedia for guiding us all through Pangolin Live Pro and for the information on Laser safety.

and thankyou to everyone who took the time to bring their kit and let us share their passion.

oh and a big thankyou to Rob for bringing and setting up his 3 watt gas whitelight complete with 30 amp supply and water hoses, its been a while since i have seen a mixed gas laser running, and i had forgotton how warm the colours are compared to DPSS RGBs it was fantastic.

Im sure there are a lot more thankyous to be said because of the effort that everyone made but i need to leave my hotel room and head home so i will leave that to others .....

cheers guys for being there,

all the best ... Karl.

That would be nice as long as there is still a different verity of things to look at and play with each time etc.

Not sure if Rob 2 would want to move his Ar/Kr around lots but i would love to see his gas rig with some nice scanners doing raster scans.

Andy do you use MSN? If so > aidan @ *no spam* alpha-networks.co.uk is my address.
    Regards,

Aidan

Aidan
    The whitelight is a lot of work but I really dont mind - hell you saw it you know its worth it!!! - and even if it was a 6 monthly event I would bring it along each time if I came. As for the raster scans YES YES YES I would love to get some cts or dt40s on it and see the raster scan stuff - even better if we can have it pointing at a screen.
    Lets see what we can do for next time

Rob

PS cheers for the alc60 will letcha know if i can get any life out of it - and if you do find that info you said you had it would be a great help

Guys,

Just have to say the laser meet was awesome!

I had expectations & they were fairly high. The day exceeded all of them.
    Many thanks to everyone who came together to make this such a memorable event.

Special thanks in no particular order to:

Mark for providing the best venue in Leicester & demonstrating his fine wares - including the 'impossible' lens.

Rob for bringing his white-light & equipment entourage which it required.

Andy for bringing his camcorder - hope the building painting clips turned out ok.

Rob(1) for the vital loan of an IEC cable ;-)

Karl for getting the beers in at Firebug.

Everyone else for bringing (& opening up) their kit.

It was fascinating to see the number of ways people had approached the same problem of mounting a laser in a box and moving the beam around.
    Everyone had an innovative bit which we could all learn from.

Looking forward to next year.....

Robin
    Last edited by uk-laser; 08-13-2007 at 07:06. Reason: Forgot to thank Karl for the beers!

Hi Guys, Sorry i couldnt get yesterday, i got held up doing a show for a wedding,
    Mark tells me i missed so much, Will make sure i am there for the next one with all my kit.

Hey, I had a great day even though I didn't know what you were talking about half of the time . I took nearly 300 pictures and some of them are are actually pretty good for me!.

From the top

Jem's little Coherent thingie
    Jem's RGB projector
    Fluff's green thingie
    Hey who invited Pixar?
    The last one, I screwed up the exposure on my camera and got fed up waiting for the shutter to close - this was the result.

Craig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EOS_IMG_0795.JPG  

EOS_IMG_1005.JPG  

EOS_IMG_0814.JPG  

EOS_IMG_0907.JPG  

EOS_IMG_0838.JPG