Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: UK Meet - what a great day!

Andy... thats brill

hope you dont mind but i want to direct everyone to to the queen video

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j185/andy_con/lasers/UK%20meet/?action=view&current=Compound30964.flv

that was fantastic .... and most of us did not even see it, as we were standing behind the projectors

well done mate .....

and .... Mark it just shows that the Neo Neon projector that you sell ... Kicks Ass .. big time, even our group photo shows the laser so bright even though Rob used a Flash

Qudos to everyone at the meet

all the best... Karl
    Last edited by Banthai; 08-13-2007 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Andy... thats brill

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pound30964.flv

that was fantastic .... and most of us did not even see it, as we were standing behind the projectors

well done mate .....

and .... Mark it just shows that the Neo Neon projector that you sell ... Kicks Ass .. big time, even our group photo shows the laser so bright even though Rob used a Flash

all the best... Karl
    Hi Karl ( and everyone else too ! )

Glad you liked the Neo units. The scan angles were pretty impressive too !

Thanks for all the very kind comments guys. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling . As the MD of my two companies, my efforts are very rarely appreciated by anyone. So a very big thanks to all of you.

I wish I could say it made the hard work worth it, but I didn't really have to do that much !! A big thanks to paul for the original suggestion and his persistent nudges to keep in all on track.

I was pleased to see how much everyone was keen to learn and pick up tips. Everyone seemed to grasping the opportunity to soak up as much info as possible. Kev's safety talk had everyone paying attention. Another refreshing sign. Another thanks to Kev for that, and his knowledge of QM2000 , Live Pro and the FB3.

Rob. I'll try and find a ground floor gig next time . The effort you put in, to haul your kit up the stairs and set it all up in a very hot room, was monumental ( or just mental ? ). Worth it in the end though!

All in all guys, a big thank you for showing up and making the effort. That was the easiest part for me

I had a big grin all day Monday !!

Regards

Happy bunny Fluff.
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Andy... thats brill

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pound30964.flv

well done mate .....

all the best... Karl
    haha, thats the only video of the day i had to remove the conversation that was going on.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Not wishing to take any ass kickingness from the Neo Neon but I betcha I didnt use a flash

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post

Thanks for posting the photos and videos andy_con. Looks like you guys had a great time! Lots of nice looking gear you guys have!

cheers,

just got another 150 photos for the DVD, stanwax, did you get any good photos i can put on the dvd???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hey Rob

Love the new avatar

Is that a photo that was taken at the meet?

Cheers

Jem

post the full image rob, amazing!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Sorry to say no it wasnt taken at the meet. Its one of many laser self portraits I have taken in the past - and I thought it was time for a change.
    I have more so will change them at regular intervals.

here is the resized image without the square crop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avatar.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Talking what a BLAST

Guys
    It took 185 posts and 3,896 views of those posts but in the end it all fell together and so easily , what a great day . After karl saw me off i had to go up the steps one more time and collect my final peice of kit , one of the staff came to lock up the firedoor and the bang echoed as i walked the long walk with my shoes clinking on the metal steps , i checked my watch , 11.20pm and I soooo wished we could have done it all over again!

Laser heaven it was , theres just something so special about laser light , our love of lasers in all there forms made the day , and what a great bunch of folks you all are , everyone of you ! Everyone had there own beams and each one was special . It makes me happy and proud , and glow that i did my small bit to make it all happen.

This meeting brought friendships that will last a lifetime , knowledge that will save so much pain and time , buisness relationships and most of all memories .. ... so many memories of laser light that will last a lifetime !

On a personal level .........walking into stanwaxs technicolour tunnel was my own experience of how people talk about swimming with dolphins .....its just makes you feel so good ! Having waited so long just to see a proper full colour laser it was almost a religous experience to walk the tunnel ! and andy you captured the image so well i now have not just a memory but a reminder of it ! Stanwax we could see the logistics of your kit wasnt easy but I sure do hope think it was worth it for us all , you sure cant beat gas ! Thankyou!

I also loved simon and marks kit , both kits had such a huge amount of custom made modding to create different ,unusual and practical units it was a pleasure to inspect and realise how much hard work must have went into producing them !

I have got to thank mark publically for organising , AT NO COST to us all ,such a great play room ! it was just perfect and for bringing long an amazingly awesome peice of kit in the 360 degree NEO laser ..SUPERB ! and of course just for being mark ! your a star !

I think we all each individually deserve a round of applause , its amazing , no dropouts , everyone who said they would turn out did and thats what made the day ... we all love lasers so much , we are all so addicted to coherant light that we ALL made the effort , adjusted our lives and got there , what a bunch, what a team ... WELL DONE TO US ALL !

To the next time .............

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers