Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ILD Render - rendering laser graphics from Blender & Inkscape

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrotechniker View Post
    quick question that may be stupid, as i am not a blender expert. can you do 3d stuff? like 3d objects and export to a 3d-like ild file?
    ILD Render creates 2D ild files. But of course you can work in Blender in a 3d environment.

... you can render any 3D-objects in Blender as wireframe with hidden lines and export them as 2D bitmap/image sequence

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrotechniker View Post
    quick question that may be stupid, as i am not a blender expert. can you do 3d stuff? like 3d objects and export to a 3d-like ild file?
    If you need an actual 3D object then you can export a DXF file from Blender and convert it to a 3D Ilda file using Ild Sôs or Laserboy.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    If you need an actual 3D object then you can export a DXF file from Blender and convert it to a 3D Ilda file using Ild Sôs or Laserboy.
    How do you add anchor points with IldSOS? If I use the optimize function, it scans great, but appears to flatten the 3d frame to 2d.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Not entirely sure what you mean with anchor points in this context, but Ild Sôs should output a 3D frame provided you don't have optimisation enabled. I think data reduce is fine though. I believe the reasoning was that if you optimise, you plan to scan the frame as-is without the Z data (flattened), but if you dont' optimise you will likely import the frame in another program with its own optimisation.

i want to add points so corners are sharp and proper, not reduce them.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Not entirely sure what you mean with anchor points in this context, but Ild Sôs should output a 3D frame provided you don't have optimisation enabled. I think data reduce is fine though. I believe the reasoning was that if you optimise, you plan to scan the frame as-is without the Z data (flattened), but if you dont' optimise you will likely import the frame in another program with its own optimisation.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

You can import DXF into LaserBoy and if it's 3D in DXF it will be 3D in LaserBoy.

But LB only knows how to render a specific set of DXF ENTITES.

POINT
    LINE
    POLYLINE
    LWPOLYLINE
    CIRCLE
    ARC
    ELLIPSE
    POLYLINE (and associated VERTEX)
    LWPOLYLINE
    3DFACE
    TEXT

LB has a specific set of minimization / optimization techniques just to deal with DXF imports to make them laser friendly.

You can add dwell to corners in the optimization phase (or as an individual step) based on the time in milliseconds you want for a complete 180 degree turnaround. Lesser angles get less dwell.

Time in milliseconds is relative to the sample rate. Both of these things and many more are values you set in the [Tab] menu.

Optimizations can be done on 3D frames and saved that way.

This is a demonstration of DXF 3DFACE import.

http://laserboy.org/dh.mp4
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

what is the process for doing so? LaserBoy doesn't have a gui or any documentation I've ever found.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    You can import DXF into LaserBoy and if it's 3D in DXF it will be 3D in LaserBoy.

But LB only knows how to render a specific set of DXF ENTITES.

POINT
    LINE
    POLYLINE
    LWPOLYLINE
    CIRCLE
    ARC
    ELLIPSE
    POLYLINE (and associated VERTEX)
    LWPOLYLINE
    3DFACE
    TEXT

LB has a specific set of minimization / optimization techniques just to deal with DXF imports to make them laser friendly.

You can add dwell to corners in the optimization phase (or as an individual step) based on the time in milliseconds you want for a complete 180 degree turnaround. Lesser angles get less dwell.

Time in milliseconds is relative to the sample rate. Both of these things and many more are values you set in the [Tab] menu.

Optimizations can be done on 3D frames and saved that way.

This is a demonstration of DXF 3DFACE import.

http://laserboy.org/dh.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    what is the process for doing so? LaserBoy doesn't have a gui or any documentation I've ever found.
    It has a GUI. It just doesn't use a mouse. It is very graphical.

There is a brief getting started text file that comes with the zip.

I would be glad to zoom with you sometime to show you how to do stuff you are interested in.

If you have a directory full of dxf files that are in alphanumeric order, you can put that dir into the dxf dir inside of the LaserBoy dir and open all of them as a frame set.

Once they are open you can go into menu h and do all kinds of stuff to individual frames or the whole set.

In the x menu, there are settings that are either on or off. One of them is flatten Z for export. You want that off.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

window system != gui

i would much rather written documentation than a zoom session.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    It has a GUI. It just doesn't use a mouse. It is very graphical.

There is a brief getting started text file that comes with the zip.

I would be glad to zoom with you sometime to show you how to do stuff you are interested in.

If you have a directory full of dxf files that are in alphanumeric order, you can put that dir into the dxf dir inside of the LaserBoy dir and open all of them as a frame set.

Once they are open you can go into menu h and do all kinds of stuff to individual frames or the whole set.

In the x menu, there are settings that are either on or off. One of them is flatten Z for export. You want that off.