Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ILD Render - rendering laser graphics from Blender & Inkscape

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I apologize for my part in the non-relevant posts.
    The cool thing about forums is that people with very strong opinions can come together and hash it out. The problem here is that it's been the exact same "argument" with the exact same "solution" for what... a decade plus?

I welcome good faith arguments, they make the world a better place. But it has to be in good faith and decorum has to be established. That did not happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The cool thing about forums is that people with very strong opinions can come together and hash it out.
    Agreed. This is a great place because of the strong opinions. I have shifted many of my views many times based on the passions of many members here. Thanks for the janitorial work you do to make this an awesome place. This is my last off-topic post in this thread.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Let's get this thing back on track!

Does anyone have hints for real time rendering in Blender, using Freestyle?

@Admin

Here here, well spoken.

I've downloaded Inkscape and Blender and will be taking a gander at this neat tool of Thomas', too.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
    Yes, please!
    It looks like Thomas hasn't posted on this thread since 2020 🤐. But, he kindly replied to my PM, saying that ILD Render is indeed still alive, upgraded, and fully supported.
    Here's his preferred direct email addr from his product page: ildrender@automatic-brain.de
    Under 'Downloads' on his main Product page, there's a 'wiki' link where it appears that most of the instructions for installing and using ILD Render reside. That's as far as I've gotten so far.
    Here''s Blender's Freestyle Manual
    Hope this helps, cmb. I wish you the best of luck with achieving your goal, which must be similar to mine. If you don't mind sharing what obstacles you may encounter along your path, I'd be very interested in knowing what the learning curve is like, in order to know where to put it on my list of challenges... factoring in that your weeks are equivalent to my months, of course.
    All feedback is good feedback. Forewarned is forearmed, Knowledge is ..yadda, yadda. 😎
    Happy birthday!
    🥳
    Roj
    I can confirm the product is very much alive and I occasionally get emails about updates. I think it supports Beyond now too!

I've used with great success to convert Blender animations to laser output (which is a very neat tool to have). You hit "render", wait a bit for the render to finish, and see what you have created directly on the laser, both still frames and animations. It's a great tool for when you want to incorporate 3D animations in your timeline show (if not the best). Setup wasn't too bad, the wiki should cover everything.

But I haven't found a way to do it "real time" where the 3D scene in Blender auto reacts to live inputs and it gets rendered to the laser without having to hit render in Blender. Would be fun to use for example motion capture stuff...