Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: How to test/measure new projector's specs?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    So I got Lasershow Xpress but after 2 hours pulling my hair out while it locked up and crashed repeatedly, I'm done with it. Shame as it looks quite capable.

    What other software might I use for MIDI-triggered beamshows? (Helios DAC)

  2. #12
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,421

    Default

    That's odd... It's very very stable for me. Maybe you're having an issue with your system. What version of LSX are you using?


    Quote Originally Posted by nmaddix View Post
    So I got Lasershow Xpress but after 2 hours pulling my hair out while it locked up and crashed repeatedly, I'm done with it. Shame as it looks quite capable.

    What other software might I use for MIDI-triggered beamshows? (Helios DAC)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    The titlebar says version 20180422. I can't see any other place to find the version number

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmaddix View Post
    The titlebar says version 20180422. I can't see any other place to find the version number
    Are you using LSX to make choreographed timeline shows or are you using Live mode? I suspect you are using Live mode since you made mention of MIDI triggered beam effects. I have issues with Live mode dropping the DAC and sometimes crashing LSX. When I use LSX for timeline shows I have no issues. I am using an Etherdream DAC and an APC mini. I have not had time to investigate (even though I have had this issue for almost two years now). One of my projects is to see if the issue could be attributed to the Etherdream (or my computer) dropping Ethernet packets and that results in LSX losing comms and ultimately stopping laser output. My first test is to trade out the DAC for a USB DAC. Would love to know more about your setup and your issue with LSX to see if it is the same issue I am having.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

  5. #15
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,421

    Default

    are you using 20180422 or 20180416?

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Are you using LSX to make choreographed timeline shows or are you using Live mode? I suspect you are using Live mode since you made mention of MIDI triggered beam effects. I have issues with Live mode dropping the DAC and sometimes crashing LSX. When I use LSX for timeline shows I have no issues. I am using an Etherdream DAC and an APC mini. I have not had time to investigate (even though I have had this issue for almost two years now). One of my projects is to see if the issue could be attributed to the Etherdream (or my computer) dropping Ethernet packets and that results in LSX losing comms and ultimately stopping laser output. My first test is to trade out the DAC for a USB DAC. Would love to know more about your setup and your issue with LSX to see if it is the same issue I am having.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    are you using 20180422 or 20180416?
    I am using 20180416. Do you mind pointing me in the direction of that latest update. That is definitely something I should try first for my issue.


    Also just to be clear about my issue I have been very lazy about it and have never tried to reach out to Andrew or really debug it for that matter. For quite some time I have been the only person I knew that had issues with Live.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    Are you using LSX to make choreographed timeline shows or are you using Live mode? I suspect you are using Live mode since you made mention of MIDI triggered beam effects. I have issues with Live mode dropping the DAC and sometimes crashing LSX. When I use LSX for timeline shows I have no issues. I am using an Etherdream DAC and an APC mini. I have not had time to investigate (even though I have had this issue for almost two years now). One of my projects is to see if the issue could be attributed to the Etherdream (or my computer) dropping Ethernet packets and that results in LSX losing comms and ultimately stopping laser output. My first test is to trade out the DAC for a USB DAC. Would love to know more about your setup and your issue with LSX to see if it is the same issue I am having.
    I switched to 20180416 and my issues went away. I'm brand new to LSX so I'm not sure I can be of much help. Still figuring out what all that ^^ means

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •