Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Official: SELEM 2020 in Newton, NC has been cancelled

Default Texlem 2012 laser meet

MYB Tim Walsh can get us back at URBAN 15 in SanAntonio.

I think a week long event (like wed to wed) would be great.
    its within about 30 min. from the airport.
    while there is no 'big' room (former sancturary is the biggest) there are very many small rooms --some (4 myb)are near the ceiling of the sancturary--I think they were were the choir sat. so a good place to put RGB projectors.

the old Sunday school rooms upstairs (when we were last there) have been converted into 'dorm rooms' there is a nice shower hall- laundry- downstairs is a BIG resturant style Kitchen- BIG 6 burner stove double big ovens-- big fridge --in 2102 we eat almost all meals on-site. so no $$ for rooms- less $$ for better food w/o going out. Airport is not far. NO NEED for rental cars.

There have been some additions to the original church which make the center a big garden--very nice --no 'shutdown' time.. there is a complete workshop downstairs-- that is where URBAN does the drum building--power tools and more.
    The former sancturary is small==seats MYB 100 people--think several small shows instead of big ones.
    we would need to do a few free shows for the local kids- Tim and George do several of these (during Xmas)
    BUT we could do short (say 90 min) & I am sure we would sell out.
    Texas bands like ZZtop would be well recieved.
    a PINK FLOYD night could be unreal as we have two members at LPF that do tribute shows of PF.. said to be the oldest one and the very best.
    There is plenty of room for any seminars- demos- scanner tuning- Lumia glass making- I am sure we will get some donations for a nice door prize pool- in 2012 AixiZ donated some lab lasers
    and one Quick Show(won by Jonathon)

Having been there and done that I say this is an exceptionaly good place for our LEM.

Platinum and rodman will post here as will sugeek and Tim.
    somebody google earth URBAN 15 and post linkage.
    PLUS any pics from the event

negs
    very few parking spots inside the fence--MYB 15 spots--there are some parking on both sides of the street and some places near (we would need to do some shuttle trips)

any QSs

hak
    btw I would say there is no time to wait on this..--
    but we cannot pay (w/ no refunds)now when the COVID might make this impossible .. what say ye?

- - - Updated - - -

while there is no 'big' room (former sancturary is the biggest) there are very many small rooms --some (4 myb)are near the ceiling of the sancturary--I think they were were the choir sat. so a good place to put RGB projectors.

the old Sunday school rooms upstairs (when we were last there) have been converted into 'dorm rooms' there is a nice shower hall- laundry- downstairs is a BIG resturant style Kitchen- BIG 6 burner stove double big ovens-- big fridge --in 2102 we eat almost all meals on-site. so no $$ for rooms- less $$ for better food w/o going out. Airport is not far. NO NEED for rental cars.

There have been some additions to the original church which make the center a big garden--very nice --no 'shutdown' time.. there is a complete workshop downstairs-- that is where URBAN does the drum building--power tools and more.
    The former sancturary is small==seats MYB 100 people--think several small shows instead of big ones.
    we would need to do a few free shows for the local kids- Tim and George do several of these (during Xmas)
    a PINK FLOYD night could be unreal as we have two members at LPF that do tribute shows of PF.. said to be the oldest one and the very best.
    There is plenty of room for any seminars- demos- scanner tuning- Lumia glass making- I am sure we will get some donations for a nice door prize pool- in 2012 AixiZ donated some lab lasers

Having been there and done that I say this is an exceptionaly good place for our LEM.

negs
    very few parking spots inside the fence--MYB 15 spots--there are some parking on both sides of the street and some places near (we would need to do some shuttle trips)

any QSs

hak
    but we cannot pay (w/ no refunds)now when the COVID might make this impossible .. what say ye?
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I should have been picking up the Uhaul trailer this morning. Sniff...
    PM Sent...

Yeah, I would have been loading my trailer today...

Newlin contacted me recently to let me know that he had a ZOOM pro account and thus could host a virtual meeting with up to 100 people. So if we want to do a "Virtual-SELEM", we can definitely set that up. Even just getting everyone together on-line for a nice group chat would be fun, but we could also set up some performances / demonstrations if there's interest in that sort of thing.

Adam

Default TEXLEM!

I like the idea of this for next year maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post

negs

any QSs

hak

- - - Updated - - -

negs

any QSs

hak

Laser Warning informal cocktails'n'lasershop talk on zoom

In regards to this, I was thinking 8pm EST tonight, which makes it 5pm for West Coast peeps. It will be roughly an hour or so, and mostly to chat and think about doing a larger format event in the next weekend or two -- ya know, kinda in the SELEM time slot so we don't all go through too much withdrawal at the same time...

I'll put a link in here a little later today. Don't forget to bring your favorite beverage of choice!

Meeting Link:
    Newlin Parker is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Informal Cocktails 'n' LaserShopTalk
    Time: Aug 2, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8567079303...RHQTA3RUU3dz09

Meeting ID: 856 7079 3036
    Passcode: 248798
    One tap mobile
    +13017158592,,85670793036#,,,,,,0#,,248798# US (Germantown)
    +13126266799,,85670793036#,,,,,,0#,,248798# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
    +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
    +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    Meeting ID: 856 7079 3036
    Passcode: 248798
    Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdfifqV4JV

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Yeah, I would have been loading my trailer today...

Newlin contacted me recently to let me know that he had a ZOOM pro account and thus could host a virtual meeting with up to 100 people. So if we want to do a "Virtual-SELEM", we can definitely set that up. Even just getting everyone together on-line for a nice group chat would be fun, but we could also set up some performances / demonstrations if there's interest in that sort of thing.

Adam
    Last edited by lulighttec; 08-02-2020 at 09:22. Reason: Meeting Link Posted!

I'll be there! An integer 16387269 and some words!

Default GREAT IDEAS

duh
    We can show our stuff in the background --right?
    100--only 100? lol
    I need to do catch up reading==sounds like the best solution-I appreciate the posts about TEXLEM and
    did not really think we could pull off ANYLEM--until Fall 2021. or later depending upon how soon this is REALLY terrible time is about to get any better..

praying for everyone

len in hot spot=== texas
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-